Saturday, July 16, 2005

Strawberry Smooches

Tonight, very unexpectedly, my son, dil & granddaughter stopped by to visit. Talk about being shocked! Guess I should mention that they usually only call or come over when they either want money or a babysitter, so needless to say, this was a very welcomed surprise. And, of course, being the grandma that I am, I had to get my camera out & snap some pics since I don't get to see my granddaughter very often. Here her mom is giving her a strawberry.....she wasn't sure how to react to it at first, which is why she has the funny face. But she must have liked it because she kept going back for more. So I ended up sending them home with some strawberries, but I bet my son eats most of them, lol. I also got a nice strawberry smooch before they left :) Jim & I were planning on having a quiet evening at home just watching a movie, but this was so much better!

Yesterday was somewhat exciting.....my dd decided to try to trim her hair herself & she was doing fine with it, until she tried to trim the back. Her hair is very short as it is, but when she tried cutting the back, she cut a little too close to her scalp. She didn't cut herself, but I had to take her somewhere to get the cut fixed & luckily, her hair grows FAST! Our regular hairstylist is only in town once a month now since he moved back to Chicago, so it won't be until the first weekend in August til she sees him. It's not very often that my dd cries, but she did when this happened. I asked her if I could scrapbook it, but she won't let me, darn it! Oh well, she said she did learn her lesson, so that's a good thing.

I didn't get much sleep last night as we had thunderstorms come through early this morning & I can NOT sleep through them! It must have stormed for almost 3 hours straight. We needed the rain though, so I can't complain too much....gotta give my water bill a break from running the sprinklers twice a day since we have so much sand in our soil.

I guess that's it for now. Til I blog again,
B

No comments: