Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Raccoon Enters The Picture.....Literally!

Today, my dd & I went to the mall to do some shopping & then my dh met us at Target when he got off work at 6:00pm. After picking up a few school supplies & groceries at Target, we decided to just go out for dinner since it was getting late, so we went to one of our favorite fast food restaurants, Steak & Shake. I just love their cheese fries & the Chocolate Chip Shakes Alive (I think that's what it's called) milkshake with chocolate fudge added. Yeah, yeah, I know, they aren't helping my diet any, but they sure are good :)

On the way home, we stopped at Sam's Club to get gas in both of our vehicles before the price goes up even more this weekend. As we were leaving Sam's parking lot, my dd saw this raccoon sitting in the parking lot eating spaghetti. Luckily, I actually had my camera with me this time (learned my lesson the hard way from not having it with me the night we ran into 2 Detroit Pistons players (Ben Wallace & Tayshaun Prince) at the movie theater!), so I snapped this pic. It looked like it was just a little baby raccoon & the first one my dd has ever seen (alive, that is.....she's seen plenty of them as roadkill before, lol). There was another lady & her kids sitting in their car watching it eat, too. Since my zoom on this camera isn't too good, I decided to get out of my car & try to get a closer picture of him....bad move! As soon as I got out, he took off & went underneath the other lady's Durango. I thought it was just going to sit there, but then the next thing I know, it crawled up inside the rim of her tire & then underneath her vehicle! We were trying to find where he went, but we couldn't see him. She didn't know what to do & neither did I. I told her to try moving the car & see if he'd come out, but he didn't. Finally, she just decided to leave. Now I'm wondering what happened to him.....did he fall off & get hit? Did he go home with her? Does she have a new pet? ;) Just another thing that happened in my life that I will never know the ending result to. Isn't it weird how there tend to be things that happen in our lives, but sometimes, we never find out why they happen? Or what the end result was? Think about it.....I bet you'll see what I mean.

When I got home, I had a package waiting for me from a memorial swap I was in, along with some CTMH items that I ordered & the new CTMH catalog. There are SO many new things that I just 'have to have'! If you're a scrapbooker like me, you'll completely understand that need to 'have' things ;) I also got some bills in the mail, which I didn't 'have to have', lol.

Ah well, it's been a long day & since I stayed up WAY too late last night, I think I'll actually try to go to bed a little earlier tonight.

Till I blog again,

B

No comments: