Friday, July 01, 2005

2 Blogs?

Although I already have a blog on Scrap Submit, I decided to try another site that seems easier to work with & this one looks like it has more features, too. I figure I'll do this one as my personal blog & the Scrap Submit one as my scrapping blog.....works for me :)

Anyway, today is Friday, the 1st of July.....hard to believe it's July already! This summer if flying by WAY too fast! But isn't that the way it always is? The summer's go by fast & winter seems to last forever & a day! I love the longer days during the summer.....so much more time to get things done outside & enjoy the weather, like I plan on doing this weekend because it's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous here in Michigan all weekend. Even though my dh will be working OT, we're still planning on doing some gardening, mulching the rest of our flower beds & planting some more shrubs. Every year, I keep saying that I'm done buying new plants, but then once the summer gets here, I'm off to Wojo's Garden Center to buy some more :) I want to replace my Hibiscus that aren't doing very good anymore. The above picture is of my Clematis.....they bloomed really good this year. I just love the deep, rich purple color of them.

Last week, my dh & I planted a rose garden in memory of my sister & brother-in-law. They're the reason I came up with this name for my blog. On Eagle's Wings was the song played at their funeral. They were both tragically killed in a motorcycle accident on August 29, 2004 when a girl driving in a car crossed over into their lane & hit them head on. They both died instantly. It's hard to believe that it's been 10 months since the accident :( Not a day goes by that I don't think about them & cry. Karen, my sister, was more than just a sister to me.....she was my best friend! We shared our most intimate secrets with each other & I truly miss that!

Okay, now that I'm done shedding another tear from writing that, I guess I'll stop here for now.

Until I blog again,
B

No comments: