Friday, July 29, 2005

11 Months Ago

While reading Chapter 5 of The Purpose Driven Life tonight talking about life being a test, I started to cry when I read this sentence: You will be tested by major changes, delayed promises, impossible problems, unanswered prayers, undeserved criticism, and even senseless tragedies. That sentence right there may have given me the answer I've been searching for for the past 11 months.....why were my sister & brother-in-law killed on August 29, 2004? It was definitely a senseless tragedy! And how I've handled it hasn't been the best :( I was furious with the girl that killed them! And I'll admit, I still am a little. Now I have to try my best to understand that this was a test. But a test for who? Me? The girl that was driving the car? Who? I guess I still have a lot of questions, huh?

I wrote a poem (not the best) in my website that I have devoted to my sister & brother-in-law & thought I would share it here as well. It sounds kinda corny....a poet I'm definitely not! Here it is:

My Sister, My Confidant,
My Angel, My Friend,
I love you, I miss you,
The pain just won't end!

I know you're at peace now,
a wonderful place to be,
But I just wish for one moment
you could be back here with me!

You were taken away from us
on a beautiful day,
God needed some angels
and you both flew away!
****************************
Told ya it was corny! But I just wanted something to express the way I feel about losing my sister & brother-in-law. It's hard to believe that it was 11 months ago today that they went to be with God. Here's the link to my website that I made for them: In Loving Memory Forever .

The picture in tonight's blog is of my sister Karen when she was just a little girl. I don't think I was even born yet when this picture was taken, but I love it because she looks just like an angel in this picture. And now she is an angel! I love you, Karen!

If you have a sister or brother, do me a favor & give them a hug for me when you see them again.

Until I blog again,
B
************************
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. - Anais Nin

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Benita,

I think your poem is beautiful. You are such a sweet, loving sister. And I'm so glad God is using that book to reveal things to you that you need in your life. {{{hugs}}}

Jennifer