Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Not Good News :(

When I woke up this morning, I called ICU to see how my Mom was doing. The nurse told me that the graft that they did on her yesterday didn't stay opened, so they would have to operate again & that's where they were taking her when I called. After several hours of trying to remain calm & think positive, I called back again, but she was still in surgery, so I started getting worried. When she finally got out of surgery, they said that they didn't have to amputate her leg & she was still in recovery. Then while I was at Sam's Club, I received a phone call from my sister Donna.....she talked to Mom's doctor & he said that things don't look very good right now. They think that she may have had a small heart attack during the surgery & they can't get her blood pressure stabilized. She's also on a respirator right now. I am just so scared right now! And I feel so helpless since I'm not there to help! I'm just numb from crying. I don't even know if what I'm typing is making any sense, but I wanted to try to get my thoughts down before I forgot everything. Please keep my Mom in your thoughts & if you pray, can you please say a prayer for her? I'm really scared! The last time I talked to her was yesterday morning right after she got admitted to the hospital & the last thing we said to each other was "I love you!"

Not sure when I'll be able to write in my blog again as I may be leaving in the next day or two to go home. I didn't even put a picture in today's blog because I can't think straight right now :*(

Thanks for reading,
B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts for your mom and for you to find the strenght you need in this.

Benita said...

Thank-you, Sara.....I need all the strength (and sleep) I can get right now!