Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Chilly Day

Okay, so it's not cold enough out to snow (yet), but we did have a nice chill in the air today & it was really a nice break from the 90+ degree weather we've been having. I actually took this picture this past April when we got a Spring snow storm that dropped a foot of snow on us. You can see the pink blossoms of my Weeping Cherry tree blooming underneath the snow. I love this picture :)

I got a call from my Mom's vet today & he told me that he thinks he found homes for both of the dogs, but I need to give him an answer within 48 hours. I tried talking to my Mom about it today, but she didn't even comprehend what I was asking her because when Linda went out to visit her tonight, Mom told her that I was going to have her dogs put to sleep! I never said anything like that, so it seems that Mom still isn't with it :( Now I don't know what to do. I called Donna & she said that she thinks the best thing would be to let him find them homes. But I just know that I'll be the one that gets blamed for it! I guess being Mom's Power Of Attorney isn't such a great idea. I'm not good at making decisions like this :(

On the brighter side, Jim & I have decided to replace our kitchen & entryway floor. We actually have a friend that does tile work & he's going to do it while we're gone this next week. It works out perfectly because the dogs won't be here to get in the way & he'll be able to work at his own pace (as long as he's done by the time we get home, lol). I'm so excited! Rose & I went tile shopping today & we're going to be installing a tanish/brownish color ceramic tile. It goes really good with our wood trim & cabinets. Right now, we have linoleum & it's so beat up, stained & yucky. He came over tonight to measure & tomorrow, I have to go buy all the supplies. Then when we get back, we're going to have the carpet replaced in the dining room & possibly going up the stairs & the hallway. It feels really good to finally be able to do some things to the house. We've been here for 5 years now & we've done a lot already (installed granite countertops, new carpet in the family room, almost all new windows & new appliances), but it seems like there's always more that needs to be done.

Tonight I surprised Jim with a new bowling ball. He's been wanting a new ball for a while now, so I decided to surprise him with the XXXcel. We threw a few practice balls tonight since neither of us have bowled in a couple of weeks & he really likes this ball. He better, cause it wasn't cheap! LOL

It's been a long day & tomorrow's going to be an even longer one as I still have to finish doing laundry, pack, go buy the tile & make sure I don't forget to pack anything that I need for our vacation. Whew.....I'm tired just thinking about it! So I'm off to bed. I'll try to blog again before we leave.

Night,
B

No comments: