Wednesday, October 01, 2008

5 Months Minus 40 Pounds!

Since today is the first day of October (already!), I decided to weigh myself again to start out the new month. And once again, I was screaming at the top of my lungs! I am officially down 40 pounds!!! OMG.....talk about an AWESOME feeling! I had to get on the scale 3 times to make sure I wasn't going crazy, lol. Since I'm now working at the gym, I'm having a little bit harder of a time fitting working out at the gym into my schedule, but I'm still going to get at least 5 days a week of workouts in. And today, I'll be starting the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels to help boost my workouts even more :)

I thought I would post the before & now pictures of myself & Jim. As much as I hate even looking at this before picture now, it's a reminder of what I DON'T want to look like ever again!!! NEVER!!!
And here I am as of today.....5 months later, 40 pounds lighter & so much happier already! I still have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I've never been so determined to do anything before! It feels so good to be able to bend over & tie my shoes now without being out of breathe! It feels so good to be able to run up the steps at the gym to the weight machines! It feels so good to have energy again!

Here is Jim's before picture, taken on April 25th. He's lost a total of 37 pounds so far :) When I took his updated picture the other day, he says that he still can't see a loss.....I think he's nuts! Just look at the difference in his stomach & his face/chin!
And here he is now. Yep, he's shrinking as well! Even his arms are skinnier. I'm so proud of him for sticking with this with me! I told him when we first started this that we got fat together & now we're going to get skinny together :)



Just like I thought.....Summer ended in a flash & Fall is now officially here. Right now, it's only 49 degrees out & windy. I think it's time to donate the shorts & capris because by next year, I will NOT be in those sizes again!

I bowled really good last night for 2 out of the 3 games :) My games were 187, 217 & 125 for a 529 series! I also won the 50/50 drawing for our league & the High Handicap Game jackpot for my second game :) Jim just joined the men's league at the other end of the house last night since a team had a vacancy & he ended up bowling a 654 series! We bowl again this afternoon & afterwards, we'll be heading to the gym.

Off to do some shredding :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Benita

15 comments:

Unknown said...

that is fantastic! Keep it up!

Linda said...

Congrats to the both of you! That is really awesome!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Benita! That is incredible! YAY you!! :) You look beautiful. :)

Jen

Heather "Hev" said...

Congratulations and keep up the great work!!

Shell said...

WOW - you guys are doing GREAT!!!

Nancywithajones said...

CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU YALL ARE ROCKIN IT OUT!!!

Raquel said...

Congrats!!! I need to get going again and this has got me motivated!!

Darcey said...

You both look Great!! Good job!! Great idea to do it togerher. You should both be really proud of yourselves! Congrats!!

renee said...

Fantastic!

Emily said...

you both look fantastic!!! great job!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Woohoo! Way to go to you both. I can totally see the differences. Wow. You two are inspiring. :)

Sarah said...

awesome job on the weightloss!! That's awesome! What a huge accomplishment! I've recently lost about the same...and am still working to get further...it really IS a great feeling, huh? Cheers!

Heather said...

Hooray for both of you! That is great!

Stacy said...

WOW - Between the two of you, you've lost a couple of kindergarteners!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Lorrie said...

aweome and big congrats to both of you!!!!!! pat yourself on the back for me, ok?