Monday, October 06, 2008

Little of this, Little of that

I just realized that it's been awhile since I've updated my blog, but I really don't have much to talk about, so I'm sharing some pictures instead of talking about nothing. Above is a picture of the birdhouse in our neighbor's yard behind us. Looks like all the birds are getting ready for winter already. I never realized how many birds come & go to this house before. Could explain why I see bird poop everywhere on our deck & in our yard, lol.
Today while we were having a humidifier installed on our furnace, the dogs were outside so they wouldn't jump all over the person installing it, so I decided it was time to take some new pictures of them. Reeses, above, is my teddy bear. Well, he doesn't really look like a teddy bear anymore, but he sure did when he was a puppy! Don't you just love his 'eyebrows'?
Onyx loves 'sunbathing'. She would stay out on the deck all day long if I let her. Yes, I know, her head is too small for her body, lol. She was the runt of the litter & her head just never grew enough to match her body. And look at all that gray hair on her face! Yep, even dogs hair turns gray. Afterall, she is 63 years old :)
Lastly, here is a layout I did a few weeks ago (click on picture to enlarge). It's not my favorite layout, but it's done! I just really don't like how I did the journaling. I did the words Party! Party! in the title since that's what was on her hat, but it just didn't turn out like I had imagined it.

Got another busy week ahead of me.....work & bowling tomorrow, bowling & working out on Wednesday, working out on Thursday plus I have a session booked with a trainer that day, then work again on Friday & Saturday. I'm really liking my job :) It can be a little slow at times, but it's also a lot of fun. And the discounts aren't too shabby, either :)

Have a fantastic week!
Benita

13 comments:

Sandra Collins said...

love the pics and love the colors in that layout

muirwoodsue said...

Congrats on the 40 pound weight loss! Yippee for you!!!!
How do you like the 30 day shred video? I was thinking of getting it but wasn't sure.

Keep up the great work Benita!
Sue

Lily said...

Thanks for the update/ I just love that onyx's head is so small. Gives her lots of character

Unknown said...

Cute doggies :)

Heather said...

What cuties! I love the layout you did!

RagsNehali said...

love your layout! those queen and co. trim looks so elegant and matches the theme perfectly!

Linda said...

Love the photos of your dogs. tfs. And a cute layout, love the pink and black combo

:Jayne said...

Your Lay out is lovely! I enjoyed your pictures.
:J

Sarah Coggins said...

Your dogs are beautiful! :) Loving that pink page about your DGD and her birthday hat. She's so darn cute.

You enabled me the other day. I went out last Friday and bought the 30 day shred dvd. Tried it on Saturday and it nearly fell over. LOL I've been working out a bit since, but not that. Need to pop it back in again. Definitely a great workout.

Before I go - you've been tagged HERE :)

Lorrie said...

awww, I love onyx's little head!! lol!
And thanks for standing up for me on my blog today!

Sandra Collins said...

I just tagged you on my blog

Janet said...

The dogs are adorable! Reeses is actually smiling...I love that! And Onyx shouldn't feel bad about her small head. A lot of us have heads too small for our bodies! lol Adorable LO! Sweet pictures and story about the hat. :-)

Heather Bares said...

cute layout!!