Friday, October 10, 2008

10:10 AM on 10-10

I thought it was kinda neat that when I started my blog post today, it was at exactly 10:10 a.m. on 10-10-08. Just a little something I noticed, which made me come up with today's blog title.


Back in August, I purchased these capris in a size 18. Two months later, this is how they now fit me:

The past couple of weeks, I've been wearing jeans instead of capris because it's been kinda chilly. But yesterday, it was 70 degrees out, so I decided to wear capris & couldn't believe how loose they've become in just 2 months! Size 16, here I come! As of today's weigh-in, I'm officially down 41.2 lbs. :) I didn't work out as much as I would have liked this past week, but I did meet with a trainer yesterday & she taught me a lot of new stuff that I didn't even know my body could do :) And surprisingly, I'm not sore at all this morning! She even had me doing lunges the correct way, something that I've been struggling with.


I was tagged by both Sarah & Sandra to list 6 Secrets about myself. Then I have to tag 5 other bloggers. This is going to be tough because I think I've already shared all my secrets on here before ;)

1. While swimming, I have to hold my nose when I go under water. My dh is trying to break me of that habit, but so far, no luck.

2. Just like Sarah, I used to always bite my nails. Sometimes I still catch myself starting to bite them, but now I just try to keep them polished & that stops me.

3. Up until a few months ago, I didn't like to eat eggs. Now I absolutely love omelets & could eat them every single day!

4. I get carsick very easily which is probably why I almost always drive whenever Jim & I go anywhere, even if it's just down the road to the gym.

5. If you haven't been able to tell by now, I'm obsessed with working out & getting healthy :) I'm constantly wanting to go to the gym, thinking about my next workout & I'm obsessed with workout clothes. Hey, there are worse things in life to be obsessed about, right? :)

6. I'm not good at keeping secrets at all ;)

Now I tag: Cindi, Kim, Jewls, Lorrie & Sue. Have fun :)

I also gotta brag about my dh.....last night, at our Biggest Loser competition weigh-in, he lost 5.4 pounds in a week & was also awarded the 'biggest loser' for the week :) I'm SO dang proud of him!

Off to get ready for work & then this weekend, Jim & I are driving up to Birch Run to get him some new jeans since he's lost so much weight. Have a wonderful weekend!

Benita

5 comments:

Micki said...

Congrats! I wish I could do as well as you!

Bonita Rose said...

so wonderful about the weight loss, good for you both!

Sarah Coggins said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I really think our clothes are better indicators than the scale when you see that type of difference.

Thanks for sharing your secrets! And yes, far worse obsessions than working out. I think you found a good one. :)

toners said...

That is an AWESOME feeling! Way to go - both of you!

Heather said...

You are doing a terrific job! And yes, there are a lot worse things to be obsessive about!