Wednesday, October 22, 2008

6 Little Pins.....SIX!!!!!

I don't have any pictures to share this time.....just lots of excitement instead :) Today at bowling, I was 6 pins away from shooting a 700 series! SIX!!!!! But right now, I'm still floating around somewhere on cloud 9 :) My games were 211, 257 & 226 for a 694 series! My highest series EVER! WOOHOO!!! And I only had 4 opens total between the 3 games & one of those was a split! The pin that probably cost me my 700 series was a dumb 10 pin in the 9th frame of the 3rd game that I didn't pick up :( I also had 8 strikes in a row in the 2nd game & then the first 5 strikes of the 3rd game. The team we bowled against wasn't too happy, though because we ended up taking all 7 points & it was position round. And to top it all off, my average is now going to be 180, the highest it's ever been! Here is what my games looked like:
1st: S71 X 80 X X 8/ X X X X9/ = 211
2nd: X 90 X X X X X X X X9/ = 257
3rd: X X X X X 9/ 9/ X 90 7/X = 226
All night tonight, I've been rubbing it in to Jim that I beat him as he only shot a 631 series :) Okay, I know, I'm bad, but I'm just still so excited! I don't even know if I'll be able to sleep tonight! And now Jim & I have a bet going....if he bowls a higher series this season & beats my 694, then he gets a new bowling ball at the end of the league. If not, I get a new ball :) We shook hands on the bet while we were at the gym on the ab machines, lol, so it can't be broken now!

Tomorrow, I have to try to find a Halloween costume as their having a party for the member's kids at work this Friday & I was told that I have to wear a costume. Heck, the party doesn't start until 7:00 p.m. & I get off work at 8:00 p.m., but I still have to wear a costume for that hour! Anyone have any ideas of something I can do/make myself? I don't have any costumes & I'm going nuts trying to figure out what to do!

Thanks for sharing in my excitement with me :) Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!
Benita

9 comments:

Janet said...

Golly, I know nothing about bowling but I can tell that this is really great! Congrats to you!!

Hmmm...you might check out Family Fun website for some really cute/easy/fast costumes. Have fun!!

Jen Mc said...

Congrats, that is SO exciting!!!!!

Lily said...

congrats...I guess that's a good score :-)

Heather said...

Wow! That is great! I'm lucky to break 100 when I bowl a game! You are my bowling idol!

Bonita Rose said...

wow.. that rocks.. u are goooood!

Sandra Collins said...

such exciting news

Unknown said...

congrats

Darcey said...

WOW! Great Job! I can't breat 100! Congratulations on your highest series!

toners said...

Awesome! Wow!