Next, here are my POTD for today. I actually took these pictures last night, but was too tired to load them onto the computer. This is my self-portrait, the way you will usually find me....behind the camera instead of in front of it. I really like the way these turned out....I took them standing in front of the mirror, no flash (although I just noticed that the flash is up in the first picture, lol.....it didn't go off, though).
Now onto the challenge: Sophia posted this yesterday on 2 Peas & it's actually a hard challenge for me to do, but I gotta give it a try. We're to list 10 things that we like about ourselves & here are mine:1. My husband Jim. I honestly don't know where I'd be in my life right now if it wasn't for him! After going through 3 heartbreaking & very hard divorces, I was about to give up on men & then Jim entered my life. He is definitely my soulmate!
2. My eyes. I've been told before that I have bedroom eyes :)
3. My Scrapbooking. Although I sometimes doubt myself when it comes to my scrapbooking, I thoroughly enjoy scrapping & doubt I will ever give it up!
4. My decorating skills. I love to decorate my home & I'm always changing things around.....just ask my husband! LOL He's come home from work before & a whole room will be rearranged, including all the pictures on the walls :)
5. I'm a perfectionist & although that's not always a good thing, it's not really a bad thing, either. I have an 'eye' for things & inspect things really good. Whenever I'm shopping, I'll look through all the items of the one that I'm going to purchase & pick out the best one. Drives Jim insane sometimes, but he knows how much something like that means to me.
6. I'm a half-way decent photographer. I still have a LOT to learn about photography, though, but doing these POTD have really helped.
7. I'm friendly to my friends. Okay, that probably sounds weird, right? Well, I'm a pretty shy person, so it takes me a while to make friends sometimes. I'm not the type of person to just walk up to a stranger & start talking to them. Jim, on the other hand, can do that very easily.
8. For the most part, I like my hair.....on good hair days, that is. Although sometimes I wish it was naturally curly.
9. I'm a decent bowler, although I still put myself down about my bowling too much. Right now, I average around 165, but would like to reach 170 by the end of this year.
10. I'm a pretty good organizer & my goal this year is to get even better at it. I've already reorganized my pantry & laundry room this week.....my scraproom is next!
I was tagged by Melissa on her blog to do this challenge:
Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
1. Cashier at several different places.
2. PennDOT working road construction during the summer, my favorite job ever!
3. Counter Clerk at a bowling center.
4. Clerk Typist at a couple of different places, mostly insurance agents.
Four Movies You Would Watch Over and Over:
1. An Officer & A Gentlemen
2. About Last Night
3. Christmas Vacation (we watch it every year at least once!)
4. Any of the Diehard, Lethal Weapon movies & anything with Molly Ringwald.
Four Places You Have Lived:
1. Royal Oak, MI
2. Williamsport, PA
3. Hampton Roads, VA (Va. Beach, Norfolk area)
4. Back to Royal Oak, MI
Four TV Shows You Like To Watch:
1. The Apprentice
2. The Bachelor/Bacherlorette
3. Lots of comedies: Rodney, Two & A Half Men, Four Kings, My Name Is Earl, According To Jim.
4. Reruns: Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, Sex & The City, Seinfeld, Cheers.
Four Places You Have Been On Vacation: Listing more than four as I love traveling & hope to do a lot more of it!
1. Athens, Greece
2. Niagara Falls, Canada.....my favorite vacation spot!
3. San Diego, California & Mexico
4. Tennessee & North Carolina for the Bristol At Night Race & to see Biltmore Estate.
5. NYC with my son's high school choir class
6. Orlando Florida: Sea World & Disney
7. Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a friend's wedding.
8. Mackinac Island with my dd's band class.
9. Pennsylvania numerous times as I have family there.
Four Websites You Visit Daily:
1. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ (gallery & message boards)
4. http://www.blogspot.com/ (to update my blog and look at other blogs)
Four Favorite Foods:
2. Homemade Mac & Cheese
3. Ice Cream, although it's been cut out of my diet now.
4. Middleswarth Bar-B-Q Potato Chips :)
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. At home with my Mom while she's in the hospital again :(
2. Anywhere with my DH!
4. Niagara Falls, Canada
Four bloggers I am tagging:
4. Cindy Lee, although she doesn't have a personal blog anymore, I'm still tagging her ;)
That's all for now. Cassie has a half day of school today, so we're going to do some shopping together this afternoon since it looks like it's going to be a beautiful, almost springy day out.