Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Year In Review

I saw this posted on another blog, so I thought I'd do it as well since blogger isn't letting me load any pictures right now for some reason.

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: I don't like the word 'resolutions', but I did have some goals.....none of them were successful ones, though :( Guess I'll try again this year.
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: My husband Jim.

3. Did it snow where you live?: Of course, I'm in Michigan.....it always snows in January!
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: Nope, not yet. DH wanted to go in 2000, but I wasn't about to fight the crowd that year!

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine?: My husband, of course :)
2. What did your valentine get you?: A gorgeous bouquet of flowers & some chocolates.
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Probably.....do you really expect me to remember that in my old age? :)

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? Nope, I'm a Heinz 57 mutt :)
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: Nope, I look awful in green!
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: I honestly don't remember......old age creeping up again.

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain?: Nope cause it turns the yard into mud & then the dogs track it in the house!
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: No.
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: No, but the kids did.

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: Lilacs! I have several of them planted in my yard & just love the scent of them.
2. Do you like the spring? Yes, love it! I love watching all my flowers & plants come back to life.
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": May flowers.
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: Pink.

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school?: 1980
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: No, but we went on 2 in August.....one to the Mall Of America & the other to the Nascar race in Bristol, TN.

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? Stayed home.
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: Nope, read June.

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Went to the Nascar race in Bristol & also to the Biltmore Estate & then to PA to see my family.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?: The Bristol Nascar race.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: Nope.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: Nope, I don't really like beaches.

SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?: Nope.
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?: My Business Education teacher in High School.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: I love the colors of fall, but I don't like fall better than summer because it means that winter is right around the corner!

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?: Heck, I don't remember.....there's that old age creeping up again, lol. But the favorite one I ever made was an angel beanie baby costume for my daughter.
2. What's your favorite candy?: M&M's
3. What did you dress up like this year?: Nothing.

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: No ones....we stayed home & our son & granddaughter came to visit us.
2. Do you like stuffing?: Nope, I don't eat Turkey either.
3. What are you thankful for?: My husband Jim, my son, daughter & granddaughter, my family & friends, having a nice, warm home & Jim's job.

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: Yes, I love Christmas! I just wish that the spirit of the holiday season lasted all year long!
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: Yes, but not for quite a while now.
3. What do you want this year for Christmas?: I already got it.....I was able to spend some time with my granddaughter & son plus I got to go home for a few days to see my family in PA. As far as gifts go, I pretty much got what I wanted there, too.....a new lens for my DRebel, a tripod, camera case, some clothes & some jewelry.
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?: My husband ;) We were married on Christmas Eve 16 years ago.
5. Do you like cold weather?: No way! I hate freezing!
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?: Well, since this was the first full year since losing my sister & brother-in-law, it was a pretty shitty year :( so I'd probably have to give it a 4. I was pretty depressed all year long, but tried my hardest to start enjoying life because I know that my sister would have wanted me to be happy. And I'm going to continue trying to enjoy life this coming year because there's one thing I have learned.....life is way too short to be depressed all the time!

Happy New Year!
Benita

No comments: