Now onto another blog challenge......this one was posted on 2 Peas I believe by Nadine:
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Went to the Mall Of America, to the Bristol August Nascar race, to the Biltmore Estate & also saw U2 in concert :)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I hate the word 'resolutions'......I'd rather make goals. But no, I didn't reach any of my goals last year, but I'm definitely going to try harder this year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year, thank God! I had enough deaths to deal with the year before :(
5. What countries did you visit? Niagara Falls, Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A happier year, a lot more weight gone & to become even closer to my Dad.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The day Hurricane Katrina came ashore because it was on the anniversary of losing my sister & brother-in-law in 2004 :(
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying sane after everything I went through in 2004! :)
9. What was your biggest failure? Not sticking to my weight loss :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? DH bought me a new computer & a new lens for my DRebel for Christmas :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My daughter.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My son :(
14. Where did most of your money go? House payment, cars, bills, on vacations & in savings.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to the Bristol August Nascar race :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Vertigo by U2.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? About the same right now. ii. thinner or fatter? About 10 pounds thinner. iii. richer or poorer? Richer.....paid off some high interest credit cards :)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Lost more weight!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating to lose more weight!
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent Christmas here at home with my DH, DD, DS, DIL & granddaughter.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? I've been in love for over 16 years now & it keeps growing stronger & stronger each day :)
23. How many one-night stands? None.....been married to my DH for 16 years on Christmas Eve.
24. What was your favorite TV program? The Apprentice!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a word that I honestly don't like to use. There are some people I dislike, but I don't hate anyone!
26. What was the best book you read? The Purpose Driven Life.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Listening to my DD play her guitar.
28. What did you want and get? A lens for my DRebel, a new Dell XPS computer & my Big Shot, pictured above.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm....may have to get back to you on that one.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Jim took me out to dinner to my favorite restaurant & I turned 43.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having my sister & brother-in-law back :(
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Casual....jeans & comfy tops.
34. What kept you sane? My husband! :)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Rusty Wallace.....I'm so sad that he retired, but I completely understand why he did.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The war.
37. Who did you miss? My sister Karen & brother-in-law Jimmy :(
38. Who was the best new person (people) you met? I haven't met her IRL yet, but Cindy Lee has become like a sister to me :) Love ya, girl!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: One that my sister would have wanted me to do......simply enjoy life because it's way too short!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own by U2.....love that song!
Well, that's it for now. Hope you have a wonderful afternoon/evening.