Sunday, February 22, 2009

Surrounded By The Scent Of Roses

See, I told you I had the absolute best husband in the world :) Here are some pictures of the 25 roses that he gave to me on our 20th 'anniversary' of the day we met. Yep, he's definitely a keeper! And beside, after being together for 20 years, I don't think I could ever love anyone as much as I love him! In fact, I know I couldn't!
Yesterday, we bowled with some friends in an elimination tournament where if you lost 2 games, you were out. We won the 1st game, lost the 2nd, won the 3rd & well, by the time we bowled the 4th game, I think we were all getting a little tired (okay, so maybe it was just me that was tired) & we ended up losing :( I was really disappointed in myself the last game as I felt like I had not only let the team down, but let myself down as well. The lanes had really dried out & my ball just wasn't doing anything! I wasn't the only one struggling, though....one of the guys on our team was way under his average, too. It just sucked because I was really hoping to do good! Ah well, what can you do?
Today we went to the mall & as we were leaving, we saw this guy & his 2 kids (they were probably only around 2 or 3 years old) pounding & banging on a truck with their hands that was on display inside the mall & laughing while they were doing it! I couldn't believe it! I was looking around for a security guard, but didn't see one, so I asked a guy in one of the stores if he could call security. While I was down the hallway a little, waiting to see if the security guard was going to show up, the guy proceeded to go into the back of the truck & was then banging on the bed of the truck while the kids were running all around it, pounding it some more. While I was standing there, a security guard came out of an exit door that I was near & I told him what was going on. He went up to them just as another security guard was showing up. I then turned around & we left the mall. What the heck is wrong with people??? Do they not respect other people's property anymore? I mean, come on! This father (at least that's what I figured he was) enticed these kids to do this! And he thought it was funny! Is this really how some people are raising their kids nowadays?? I'm just so disappointed right now that anyone would have their kids do something like that! And it makes me sad just thinking about it :( What is this society/world coming to.....really?
Okay, vent over.....but ARGH!!! On that note, I think I'll go to bed.
Benita

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful roses!
I constantly shake my head at the way people treat their kids in public, or let their kids behave in public.

Lorrie said...

First off, I already told you how wonderful that hubby of yours is. the flowers are BEAUTIFUL! and secondly, what the heck are people thinking nowadays? How could teaching your little ones to pound on that truck even cross your mind? OMG that is so ridiculous! What else is he teaching those little ones, ya know? Oh, and don't be so hard on yourself about the bowling, then again, I understand, I let myself down often. Big hugs!!! Oh, and i saw in the paper the other day, that despite the hiring freeze at the shipyard, they are hiring some bi-linguals. Any chance your flower giving DH speaks a second or third language???? (I'm trying to get you down here outta the snow!!) =)

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! Yesterday was my 3 yr olds birthday- great day, I tell ya! You are definitely one lucky girl!

Denise said...

I could almost smell your roses. They are lovely!


In answer to your question on my blog: yes we have a pet squirrel! My husband rescued him and his brother(the brother didn't make it) in September. They were little babies, just starting to get teeth. The neighbor's pitbull was after them. He has a 3 level cage in our living room. He uses a litter box! We let him run free in the house when we are home. We called a small animal rescue and they told us what to do for him. If you look back at my archives (sept) I have the story about him and lots of pictures through out my blog.

Have a great day, Denise

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous roses! What a sweet husband you have, Benita!! :)

As for that terrible father - ugh! DH & I constantly wonder what is wrong with some people and make notes on things we see for "what not to do" in parenting. Sad thing is that guy's parents were probably just as bad.