Wednesday, February 18, 2009

20 Years

The date: February 18, 1989. 20 years ago today, I met the man of my dreams.....my soulmate.....my life partner.....my best friend! 20 years! Dang, time flies when you're having fun :)
Don't laugh at the layout.....afterall, it is over 4 years old (gotta love those Chatterbox papers, lol). This is a 2-page layout in an album that I made for Jim for his 40th birthday present. This page reflects back on the night we met. And the picture of him is from that night, sleeping on my friend's pull-out sofa bed. He didn't even know that we took the picture until the next day ;)

Sometimes, it seems hard to believe that we've been together for 20 years. It hasn't always been easy, by any means, but somehow, we've survived. We've aged gracefully together. We've seen each other at our best......and worst! I think it's called love :) And I wouldn't change a thing!

Benita <--very happy for 20 years :)

9 comments:

Lida said...

Awww that is so sweet, yes time flies when you are having fun and I hope you both continue to have fun!

Bonita Rose said...

congrats to you both! hugs bonnierose

Denise said...

Times does fly when you're in love!

I have an award for you on my blog, whenever you want to come and get it!

Have a great day, Denise

Janet said...

Awwww!! What a sweet story! Congrats to you and your hubby!

DebW said...

Congrats!! It is absolutely love! I can tell you that for sure! We're at 25 years and still going strong!

Darcey said...

Congratulations! That is great!

Ivana Clay said...

What a sweet story!!! I happen to love the layout too! :)

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! Great layout, I have those papers too. Just waiting for the right layout.

Lorrie said...

aw, how sweet!!!