Thursday, February 26, 2009

On A New "Journey"

Jim & I have been debating for a long time what to do with our Caliber since our lease was going to be up very soon. We thought about just buying it, but neither of us were really that happy with the car, other than the gas mileage was awesome in it! This week, we made the decision to just trade it in & tonight, we started our new "Journey" :) Dodge Journey, that is.
It's a 2009 & the only extras we added were fog lights, which the dealership had installed for us. Plus our one stipulation was, we wanted this particular color.....Deep Water Blue. When I first saw this color on another car, I immediately fell in love with it. It reminds me of my birthstone....Sapphire. But our dealership didn't have any in stock, so they had to trade with another dealer to get us one in this color.
Here's the inside.....the seats are so comfy & I love the dash when it lights up. It also has some really cool storage compartments in it. We didn't get the 3rd row seat because we'd never use it anyway & we need the space in the back more than we do another row of seats.
I was really surprised with how nice it rides.....so quiet & comfortable! Not at all like the Caliber, which you could hear every little noise & feel every litte (or big, as the case has been around here lately!) bump/pothole/crack. Now the hard part.....figuring out who drives which car, lol. I still love my Charger & always will, but whenever we buy a new car, I like being the one to 'break it in" ;)


Today I surprised myself at the gym & did the cycle/spin class for the first time. The instructor warned me that my butt would be sore the first few times I did it & boy, she wasn't kidding, either! OUCH! But I had so much fun doing it & really worked up a sweat. Now if I can just convince Jim to try it :)

I'm off to bed....have a great weekend!
Benita

13 comments:

Cindi said...

Congrats! She's pretty!

I have to laugh though...about you breaking her in. It'll be two years in May when we bought our van and we decided that we would keep my car it was replacing. She is at 192,000 miles! Curtis has been driving her since his car needs a repair and it's been too cold to do it (he does all repairs himself). Anyway, I made him promise that I be the one to drive her when she turns 200,000 miles!

Kip said...

There's nothing like a new car!! Have fun driving it!

Denise said...

Ooh, Benita, I love the color! We were thinking of getting a new car/sm. SUV this spring, but since Richard hasn't been working we will have to put it off for another year or so.

You tell Jim that you NEED to be the one to break the carin!!

Have a great day, Denise

msmith434343 said...

Awesome! The interior is great!

emily said...

Oooh! What a pretty new car! Enjoy that "new car smell" and the shiny-newness of it!

Sarah Coggins said...

What a fun new car! Have fun fighting over the keys. :D And way to go on the spin class! I did my prenatal water aerobics last night and that's about all I can handle per week right now.

Heather said...

Love the new car. The color is beautiful! I love how you described it too! All the important stuff for a woman! Maybe you can take turns driving it!

Unknown said...

The color is very pretty!
I'm supposed to be getting a new Vue, but with saturn going under I have no idea what that means for us.

Darcey said...

What a beautiful color! New cars are so nice. Good for you to try a new class. Hopefully the pain won't last too long.

Emily said...

What a pretty color! have fun!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, B! Happy belated anniversary, the roses are beautiful. And congrats on the car. That color is awesome. Way to go on the spin class, too. xoxo

Linda said...

Congrats on your new car, it is really nice! Love your roses too, Happy belated Anniversary!

Janet said...

What a sharp car! Love that bright color!