Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not-So-Happy Valentine's Day

This morning, Jim & I got up, went to the gym, worked out on the treadmill for 45 minutes & then they were having a free health screening for Valentine's Day, so we decided to stay & get that done. I'm proud to report that my blood pressure is down (even after working out) to 113/72, my blood sugar is 109 & my cholesterol is 154. Jim's BP was 121/69, his blood sugar was 104 & cholesterol is 161. We're both hoping that this means that we'll be able to get off of our BP meds when we see our doctor in the next month or two & Jim is also hoping he can get off his cholesterol medication.

After we came home & took showers, we went to look at a house for rent & while we were there, I received a phone call from my sister Donna telling me that my Aunt Betty (my Dads sister) passed away today :*( So as soon as I got home, I called my Dad to see how he was holding up. He's not doing too good.....it just happened pretty suddenly & unexpectedly & he said he was planning to go see her today. Please say a prayer for my Dad.....he was always very close to his sisters, just like I was to Karen, so I know how hard this is :(

Last night after I got off work, Jim told me that we were going to our friend's house to play cards. So we get there & he leads me out into their garage where their pro shop is & surprises me with this.....a new bowling ball for Valentine's Day! What a sweetie! It'll last so much longer than flowers, too. I haven't purchased a new bowling ball in close to 3 years & mine are pretty much dead right now, so I can't wait to try this one out! It's called the Zone Wild Ride & I love the sapphire blue color so much, that I made this my picture for the day :)

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day,

Benita

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cool ball!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Prayers being sent for your Dad to have strength. I'm so sorry about your aunt. I wish nobody died on happy days... {hugs}

xoxo

Darcey said...

Saying prayers for your Dad. What a cool V-Day surprise! Pretty color:)

emily said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...it' sso hard to see our parent's hurting when they (and we) lose someone close. And what a wonderful husband you have!

Janet said...

So sorry about your aunt. Your family has certainly gone through a lot.
What a sweet DH you have to get you such a nice present! :-)

Linda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Benita. I hope you get to enjoy your new bowling ball soon.

Lorrie said...

I know this is a bit late, and i already commented on FB or the morning thread, but I hope your dad is doing ok. I still worry about my dad losing his father a few weeks ago. It's so tough..
and the bowling ball is PRETTY! It's the color of my birthstone!!