Thursday, February 05, 2009

Rejection Hurts!

Yep, rejection sucks! It hurts! No doubt about it! This past week, I've been rejected twice! First one was for a job that I applied for. I had an interview last Friday & they said they would make their decision on Monday as the person they hired would need to start work on Tuesday. Well, Monday came & went & no phone call :( Granted, I had debated whether or not I really wanted the job in the first place. It would have been full-time, so the money would have been good, but the hours would have been long.....from 9:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m. two days a week & then till 6:00 p.m. the other three days. It would have involved a long drive (40-45 minutes one way) & I would have had to give up bowling on Wednesdays (which with the way this bowling alley has been lately, that probably would have been the easiest part to do!). I said lots of prayers, asking for guidance & if the job was meant to be. Apparently, it wasn't.

Then I was rejected again this week.....this time, from a Design Team application that I submitted. I thought my entries were pretty dang good (see above picture & picture below for 2 of my entries), but obviously, it wasn't what they were looking for. I guess my style wasn't 'diverse' enough for them. And yeah, it hurts! Rejection sucks! And I'll admit, I cried when I found out that I didn't make it.

But I woke up this morning & thought to myself "self, you cannot let this get you down anymore!" Then, my wonderful husband that he is, sends me a wonderful email telling me about how proud he is of me & how much I mean to him & that he knows I'm hurting right now, but he's there for me, no matter what! And last night, he said that he loves my layouts & that's all that should matter. And yep, he's right! I definitely have the BEST husband in the world!!!

So today is a new day. The sun is out (although it's -3 degrees outside right now!), Spring will arrive (one day!) & I have a lot to be thankful for! So yes, while rejection sucks, it does make you stronger. It makes you a better person. You learn from it. You overcome it & move on. Which is exactly what I'm doing today.....moving on & being proud of who I am & happy with where I am in my life right now! A wife, a mother, a scrapbooker, a bowler & proud of it!
(in this layout, I used 3 different Hambly transparencies.....I cut out the birds & owl from one & used Stickles on them, then I stickled the swirls on the other transparency & put the picture in between that one & the graph background one. This picture is of my belated sister Karen & a real owl. None of us are sure where or when she had this picture taken, but we all absolutely love it! I did the title "Owl Collector" as that was the online name she used to have.)

Benita

12 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry :( some days are just destined to be like that. You have a great attitude and you know your work is good, so don;t be too hard on yourself!

Stacy said...

Your layouts are AWESOME, B...no worries...those two things were just not meant to be. In the meantime, we'll all enjoy them instead of some (obviously delusional)DT! :-) You ROCK!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, since I love all your layouts, I'm thinking those judges have the problem, not you or me. How dare they? Seems like it's everyone in power these days screwing up, huh? winkwink

And the job was so far away. Good to have these little setbacks, so that the victories taste so much sweeter and more appreciated. {hugs} xoxo

Unknown said...

I love your layouts! That design team is missing out BIG TIME!

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job, something better will come along that will be perfect for you.

As for the dt team, I'm always getting rejected. Makes me wonder why I still keep trying. :) I love your layouts even if it wasn't a good fit.

Lida said...

Are you kidding? You are a kick a$$ scrapbooker and is their lose if they don´t see your talent. I´m sure a truly cool design team is going to be loving your work.

Denise said...

So sorry they didn't appreciate your talent. That is the very reason I've never tried for a design team. Rejection does hurt.

Have a great day, Denise

Emily said...

that's a bummer. Your layouts are beautiful!

Janet said...

Awww...That's really a bummer, especially with 2 disappointments coming so close together. I know it is hard, but try not to take the DT thing personally. Your work is beautiful! Remember why you scrapbook...for yourself and your family. It's their loss! :-)

Love the LO of your sister. SB'ing is surely a great therapy. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to do some LO's of my mom, but I cannot face it yet. Thanks for sharing your beautiful page!

DebW said...

The LOs are fabulous and you have a wonderful hubby. To heck with the job and the DT!

emily said...

Such a good outlook you have! Some things happen for a reason...there is probably a perfect job on the horizon for you and an even better design team to apply for! BTW - I love the owl layout...I've just started getting into them...my grandmother collected things with owls on them years ago and I inherited a few...such a beautiful bird.

Anonymous said...

I thought your layouts were awesome!! If you're not right for that team, you'll be right for another. Don't give up!!