Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Granddaughter

Would you believe that tomorrow, May 31st, this precious little girl, my granddaughter, is going to be 4 years old?!? 4!!! How the heck did 4 years go by that fast??? I have no clue if I'm going to see her tomorrow :( Shawn is back in town from Florida (heck, he's been here since Tuesday & I haven't even seen him yet!) & he told me that Toni is having a party for her at Ceasarland, but I haven't received an invitation since her parents are going to be there :( You see, her parents & I don't get along at all! They don't like Shawn so that means that they can't like me, either. So once again, we'll be the grandparents that get left out of the activities. I haven't even seen her since Easter! So yes, I'll admit, I'm sitting here crying as I type this, just thinking about this beautiful little girl. I just want to be a part of her life so badly! And it's just not fair!
Okay, I'm going to stop crying & change the subject. Today when my package arrived from the Epson Store (I finally used some of my $45.00 credits from their ink settlement), I looked out & saw that my Clematis is blooming. Only one full bloom on it so far, but there's buds all over it & this one is set to bloom any time now:
Today was my weekly weigh-in day & I'm very happy to report that I'm down another 2.2 lbs. for a total weight loss of 8.4 lbs.! YAY ME!!! I also worked my butt off at the gym today, doing 42 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the weight machines & 20 minutes on the elliptical. I just know that having my iPod & listening to music while I'm working out has really helped to keep me going & motivate me.

Thank-you so much for all of the iTunes suggestions. If you have anymore, please feel free to leave me a comment with a list of your favorite songs. Here's my list so far (just the ones that I purchased from iTunes):

Free Your Mind - En Vogue (thanks Tracy!)
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves (thanks Tracy!)
U & Ur Hand - Pink (thanks Tracy!)
It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
Super Freak - Rick James
I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance) - C+C Music Factory
Jump Around - House Of Pain
Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train) - Quad City DJ's
Good Vibrations - Loleatta Holloway
Finally - Ce Ce Peniston
Hung Up, Sorry & Jump - Madonna (thanks Linda!)
Take Your Time - The S.O.S. Band
And The Beat Goes On - Whispers
No Parking (On The Dance Floor) - Midnight Star
The Groove Line - Heat Wave
Lovergirl - Teena Marie
Push It - Salt-n-Pepa

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-lot
Walk This Way - Run DMC
Freak On - StoneBridge vs. Ultra Nate
Double Dutch Bus - Clueless
4 Minutes - Madonna
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb
Stomp! - The Brothers Johnson
Instant Replay - Dan Hartman
Disco Nights - Rock Freak - G.Q.

I also put several of my albums on my iPod......Godsmack, Linkin Park, U2, Metallica, Michael Jackson, NIN, Backstreet Boys, Bobby Brown, Boyz II Men, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul & The Village People :) Can you tell that I'm stuck in the 80's? So if you can think of anymore good 80's disco songs that I've missed, please let me know by leaving me a comment.

Thanks & have a wonderful weekend!

Benita

6 comments:

Kip said...

I'm so sorry to read that about your granddaughter Benita, she is really missing out!
Love your flower pictures!

toners said...

((((((hugs))))) to you, Benita. That must be tough.

Unknown said...

hopefully they will realize what they and she are missing by leaving you out. I had a similar situation when Emma was smaller and I can happily tell you that it all worked out when the adults started acting like adults.

Jennie said...

I'm s sorry to hear about the situation with your granddaughter
:(

Your flower pics are stunning :) My clematis isn't lookin so well this year. It's been wonderful before this spring. I'm hoping it'll come out of it though.
Jen

Janet said...

Aww, that must be really hard being separated from your sweet granddaughter. They grow up so quickly...

Thank you, Benita, for stopping by my blog these past few days with all of your hugs and prayers. I really, really appreciate it! Thank you! Janet

Anonymous said...

My 3 year old granddaughter has been missing from my life for 2 months. I had her for the first year of her life and subsequently had her every other week. Her Mom is mad at my son for leaving her and we haven't been allowed to see her. I am miserable. My son has filed for visitation but that takes time. Meanwhile, my heart aches. I understand what you are going through.