Wednesday, May 31, 2006

:) My Hubby's Home :)

Jim arrived back home last night & needless to say, I'm one VERY happy camper right now :) :) This has been the longest 4 days & I'm just so glad that he is home! He wanted me to meet him at the airport because he said he wanted to see my face when he got off the plane, so that's exactly what I did. I got to the airport around 8:30 & his plane was supposed to arrive at 9:08, but it got pushed back to 9:45 since they left Dallas an hour late. Let me just add that I do NOT like Detroit Metro Airport at all! That place needs a facelift & BAD (well, at least the terminal I was in does)! I was just glad to see a lot of security guards walking around.....at least that made me feel a little bit more comfortable.

As you can see, I've kept myself busy scrapbooking while he was gone.....I got 4 pages done (click on each picture to view it larger). The first one above is my absolute favorite! I just love this picture I took of Jim coming up the stairs without his glasses on. Made me want him to get lasik surgery done even more now cause I just love his eyes :)

I'm still debating if this one needs something else.....it doesn't even really have a title, so I was thinking about using the title "Tied Together With Heartstrings" along the sides on the red (not sure if you can tell or not, but there's 2 Heidi Swapp Ghost Hearts near the bottom that I tied together with ribbons). What do you think? Should I add something else, or just leave it be?
The next one I titled "My Husband" using the same picture of Jim that I used above (told ya I loved this photo :). I used the Junkitz Teresa Collins Love Line pattern paper in both of these layouts.....I just love these papers!
Finally, here is the last layout I did using We R Memory Keepers products along with Heidi Swapp florals, ribbons & Gin X rub-ons.

Here's a picture that Jim had done of him & Brian in Corpus Christi. They were doubles partners in the bowling tournament & since some of the guys didn't want to get their picture taken for the team event, I told him he better get one of these! One of the wives did take some pictures of their team, but it won't have the banner on the bottom like this one, which is what I really wanted. Aren't their matching shirts cool? :) We bought them at Bass Pro Shop & I took them in to have their names embroidered on the back & the pro shop name on the sleeves.

Jim decided to take his other have of his personal day today so we could spend the morning together :) I know he was overly tired from having to bowl at 7:00 am yesterday & then from the flights back home. And I enjoyed waking up in his arms ;)

Gonna stop here for now.....got a lot to do around the house & then we bowl tonight.

Have a great week :)
Benita

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! great lo's!

B said...

GREAT layouts!!!!!

Janelle said...

Your hubby *does* look really nice without his glasses! Seems a shame to hide such pretty eyes!

Awesome layouts!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect morning--and you sound exactly like me! My husband's been at work bell-to-bell the past two days and I MISS HIM! :( And he's just at work--not away somewhere.

Nice job on the layouts--I've wondered how to use those Junkitz papers.

xoxo,
Becca

Emily said...

great layouts Benita!!! I have some of that Junkitz pp too, LOVE it!

Kim said...

Awesome pages, Benita. Glad Jim is home safe and sound.

Kim

twiga92 said...

Yay! Glad he's home. I subscribe to your blog and then happened to see your post on 2Peas. I'm also in Michigan, South Oakland County (Farmington Hills). Nice to "meet" you!

Jewels by Jewls said...

Great layouts Benita! Glad you were able to spend the morning together!

Hey - So HOW did he do at the tourney??? You didn't say! LOL

Jewls

Christi said...

These layouts are gorgeous! LOVE that top one with all the primas and little word stickers...beautiful!!!