And the sun does shine in Michigan! Above is a photo of one of my hanging Petunia baskets. I just love how easy Petunias are to care for & it's just one more way to make things just a little simplier in my life :) I also purchased 3 hanging baskets for my next-door neighbor that lost his wife recently. I hung them on his porch since he wasn't home yet & when his son went out to get the mail, I told him to have his Dad look on his front porch. He couldn't figure out what I was talking about, so I pointed to the hanging baskets. He then came over & gave me a huge hug! A few minutes later, his father came over to thank me & hugged me as well. He said that he hasn't even had time to think about getting baskets yet & I told him that I just wanted to do a little something to brighten his day......and it worked :)
On Saturday, Jim & I bowled in the Frankenmuth Annual Mixed Doubles Tournament at Bay Lanes in Bay City. Usually, we don't bowl very good when we're in tournaments together, but this time, we did :) I bowled games of 184, 201 & 174 for a 559 series & Jim shot games of 200, 214 & 196 for a 610 series. With our handicap, our total is 1433, which put us in first place by 4 pins. Since there's still 2 months left of this tournament, our first place may not hold, but we should still cash. Keep your fingers crossed for us :)
Sophia posted a challenge on 2 Peas this morning about what's on our summer agenda, so I decided to play along:
1. Memorial Day weekend: Jim will be in Texas to bowl in the Nationals Bowling tournament & I'll be going to Pennsylvania for a few days to visit my Mom as she's not doing very good. She had 2 more mini strokes & they also found some aneurysms in her brain :(
2. Jim & I will be going to the Nascar race on Father's Day at MIS.
3. Towards the end of June, Cassie's friend will be spending a week with us & we'll be going to the Nine Inch Nails concert.
4. Cassie's not-so-sweet (haha) 16th birthday is in July, so I'm sure we'll be doing something special for that.
5. In August, Cassie will be spending several weeks with Emma while Jim & I will be taking an east coast road trip, starting in Virginia to visit old friends & working our way up the coast, just stopping wherever we want along the way. Then we'll go to PA to visit Karen & Jimmy's gravesite on the 29th.
That pretty much sums up our summer plans. Great challenge, Sophia :)
Today, Cassie's school dismissed everyone early due to a search from a bomb threat from LAST week! According to the news (depending on which channel you watched) there was a fire last week at a maintenance building & 2 of the students that were suspects had their home searched & apparently, they found some evidence to warrant the search today. And people say that things like this don't happen in small towns......WRONG! It can happen ANYWHERE!
Have a wonderful week,