Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mega Meet & Mother's Day

Last Thursday & Saturday, I went to the Great Lakes Mega Meet & had a WONDERFUL time! On Thursday, Cindy went with me & we spent over 5 hours just to get through the whole thing. I think I'm finally turning Cindy into a scrapbooker :) And now she's hooked on Basic Grey, just like me! Then on Saturday, Jim & I went in the afternoon & only had a couple of hours to shop before it ended, but we still had fun. We then went to The Scrapbook Zone & I found one of the Prima Daisy Racks (pictured above) & since it was the last one they had & I had a 40% off coupon, I couldn't just let them sit there, now could I? :) I'll admit, though that I was a little disappointed that the only flowers that have the cool center to them are the ones inside the cap.....the actual flowers in the bottle don't have the cool centers.....they're just 1 layer & plain. Ah well.....as addicted as I am to Primas, I had to have them! I didn't take any photos of all of my Mega Meet purchases, which is unusual for me, but trust me when I say I spent a LOT of money! I bought some CTMH stamp sets plus a storage case for them & 2 white CTMH ink pads, these really cool, HUGE chipboard alphabets from Rusty Pickle, lots of Bazzill to go with my Basic Grey, 4 packages of the new Basic Grey ribbons (I love those!), 3 packages of the Basic Grey bookplates plus a lot of other little things. I also got to meet some people from 2 Peas.....Sharyn (Torm) & Becky Thompson. Really nice ladies! I had such a great time that I'm ready for next year's Mega Meet already.....bring it on :)

As you know, this past Sunday was Mother's Day. Jim had to work part of the day, but on his way home, he stopped at the Hallmark store & brought me home this Seraphim Angel music box pictured here. He said that even though I bought a lot of scrapbooking items at the Mega Meet, he still wanted to get me something special.....aahhhh :) Yep, he's a keeper! The special thing about this angel is it plays my favorite Christian song.....Amazing Grace. I just love that song! I called my Mom at the nursing home to wish her a Happy Mother's Day & I cried because I wish I could have been there with her! She's not doing very good & it honestly doesn't look like she'll be going back home again :( And if that's the case, then my 3 sisters & I need to get together & start doing something about her house. Not sure how much longer we can just let it sit there empty.

Carrie posted another challenge on The Scrapbook Zone message boards.....we're to list 10 things we do everyday, so here are my answers (in no particular order):

1. Check my email (several times).
2. Check 2 Peas & The Scrapbook Zone message boards & galleries (several times).
3. Take a shower.
4. Eat breakfast.
5. Brush my teeth.
6. Talk to my dh on the phone during his lunch break.
7. Tell my dh & kids that I love them.
8. Work in my scraproom, either scrapping, cleaning, reorganizing or just being on the computer.
9. Let the mutts outside (several times).
10. Wash my hands (several times).

I've been wanting to do some more gardening, but unfortunately, the weather hasn't been cooperating at all! It's been raining here since last Wednesday & although our yard needed it, enough is enough! I guess I was getting spoiled the week before when the temps were in the 70's & it was gorgeous out. Ah well......welcome to Spring in Michigan :)

I'm just glad that I finally got my blog back up & running. Somehow, I lost my template & when I contacted Blogger about it, they couldn't figure out what was wrong, either, so I ended up having to pick a new template. Not sure if I like this one or not yet, but at least it's not making my slide show & links run into my blog entries like the other one was doing. We'll see.....if you notice it changing frequently, it's because I'm playing around with it :)

That's all for now.....have a wonderful week!
Benita

No comments: