Friday, September 16, 2005

TGIF!!!

Yay, it's Friday! For some reason, this has been a very long week for me. Although I've been busy doing things around the house, shopping for tile for the backsplash in our kitchen, doing laundry, working on some layouts, etc., it just seems like this week has dragged by. My new couch arrived on Tuesday & I just love it so I've been trying to get that room arranged. At the same time, I'm realizing that I just have too much 'stuff'! I gave a cabinet that I had my shot glass & tea cup collection in to a friend because I don't have room for it anymore, so I decided to just pack away my shot glasses for now. I don't know.....for some reason, I feel the need to 'de-clutter'. My house isn't really that cluttered (except for maybe my scrapbook room, lol), so maybe I just need to rearrange things a little. Maybe I'm just getting bored with some of my 'stuff'. Or maybe I just have too much 'stuff'! I still have boxes in the basement that we never unpacked from when we moved to Michigan from Virginia 8 years ago. That's sad! I need to start doing what I hear professional organizers say all the time.....if you haven't used it the last year, get rid of it! Yep, that's exactly what I need to do! Especially with my clothes! I keep saving clothes thinking that one day I'll be able to wear them again. And who knows....maybe that day will come since somehow, somewhere, some way, I've managed to lose 7 lbs. :) I started a weight loss album back in July of this year, but haven't added any entries in it since I haven't really been able to concentrate on losing weight with going on our vacations & the stress I've been under with my Mom being in the hospital (see update below). So when I jumped on the scale yesterday, I didn't know what to expect. When I saw the numbers come up, I literally screamed with excitement! Now I'm even more motivated to lose this weight! I have to do this.....I need to do this.....I want to do this for ME!

Update on my Mom: I got a call from Linda on Wednesday afternoon & she told me that Mom made it through her surgery okay. What surgery??? I didn't even know she was having another surgery! :( Come to find out, Donna & Barb didn't know about it either until the day of the surgery. They finally stitched her leg back up & had to do a skin graft from another part of her leg to cover it, so she's in a lot of pain right now. Plus she's also back into her psychotic frame of mind :( I called her yesterday & she kept asking me where I've been all day. I said "Mom, I'm in Michigan" & she said she's been trying to get ahold of me. She was telling me that the vet gave her dogs to some teenage kids & that they were in her neighborhood barking like crazy. Then she said that she saw the dogs outside by themselves & she went & grabbed them & brought them in her house & now they are penned up in their cages all alone. Well, none of this is true. Linda called the vet yesterday & he still has the dogs there & he hasn't been able to find homes for them yet. So now I don't even know what to think. Why does this keep happening to her? We thought it was the morphine, but she's not even on that. I'm praying that she'll snap out of it & fast! Right now, I'm afraid to even call her anymore because I don't know what she's going to say next & I don't know what to say in reply :(

While we were home earlier this month, my Dad gave me a picture of himself when he was in the US Army years ago, so I decided to make a copy of it & scrap it using this month's Scrap Goods kit (see layout above). Pretty simple layout, but I just love the way it turned out & how well the pattern paper in this month's kit goes with it. It's from Diane's Daughters & I gotta get me some more of it!

It's going to be a very busy weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to blog again. Tonight we bowl & then we're gonna see if some of the guys from bowling will come over & help us move our treadmill upstairs into our bedroom. It just doesn't fit into my new sitting room anymore. Then tomorrow, I have to do more laundry & pick up some more tile pieces for our backsplash that I'm hoping to get installed on Sunday. I also still have to put up the wallpaper that I picked out for the kitchen. Although it's rainy & gloomy today, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous the rest of the weekend (in the 70's), so I'm hoping to get some yardwork done as well. Phew! I'm exhausted just thinking about everything I have to do! Maybe I'll sneak in a nap somewhere, too :)

Have a glorious weekend,
Benita

No comments: