Saturday, September 10, 2005

Boring Blog & Bowling

There was a post on 2 Peas the other day asking questions about your blog & the last question was to describe your blog in one word. My response: Boring! LOL One thing I'm not is a good writer.....never have been & probably never will be. I don't know how to come up with neat & clever ways to describe my thoughts & feelings. I just write whatever's on my mind. But even though my blog is boring, it's 100% me :) Nothing in it is fake (okay, so maybe my age is because I still haven't changed it, lol). My blog is just about my day-to-day life, my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams, my family.....all 100% me.

Last night was our first night of bowling on our mixed league & boy, did we have a blast! I just LOVE our teammates! They are so much fun to be around! I really feel honored to be on the same team with them :) I didn't bowl too bad last night, except for the second game. I shot a 171, 138 & 174. We ended up taking 5 out of 7 points, so we're off to a pretty good start. 32 more weeks to go, lol. The above picture was taken inside of the Biltmore Estate.....yep, that's a bowling alley! It was in the basement & even the bowling balls were made out of wood. Too cool! Jim & I had to restrain ourselves from picking up a ball & throwing it down the lane when we were there :) Yep, I love bowling as much as scrapbooking!

Speaking of the Biltmore Estate, I just did a layout today of the Estate. You can see it here: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=652606 Almost everything on this layout is from the September Scrap Goods kit. I just love this month's kit & since I'm one of the featured Design Team Members for this month, I've been having a lot of fun working with it. Have I mentioned lately that Scrap Goods ROCKS?!?! :)

Tonight, Cassandra & I met Jim at JoAnns when he got off work as I needed to buy some fabric & a pattern for Cassandra to make some pants in her sewing class. Then we went out to dinner at Steak & Shake & while we were there, Cassandra started asking us some questions about college & what types of classes she would have to take to pursue her field of music & art. Let me tell you, I almost passed out when she asked us that! Jim & I had basically given up the idea of her going to college because she never seemed interested in it before & we aren't the type of parents that push our kids into going to college if they don't want to. She then went on to tell us that she doesn't want to end up like Shawn & that she wants to be successful. My little girl is maturing right before my eyes! And I love it :)

Hug your family tonight,
Benita

No comments: