Sunday, September 11, 2005

Remembering The Heros Of 9-11

It's so hard to believe that it was 4 years ago today that the United States was attacked by terrorists....the day that changed the way Americans live forever.....September 11, 2001. I remember it like it was just yesterday. I had just gotten both of my kids off to school & was reading my emails. As I switched screennames, I saw a newsflash on the AOL welcome screen. I immediately turned on the tv & was in tears as I watched with horror & sadness in my eyes. I called Jim at work to see if he had heard about it & he said yes & that everyone was leaving work. I was so tempted to go pull both of the kids out of school, but I decided not to. Jim & I were both glued to the tv the rest of the day, sitting in tears, not knowing what to expect next. The above layout I did about 2 years ago & titled it "The City That Never Sleeps, Now Forever Mourns". Shawn & I went on a high school choir trip to NYC back in April of 2002 & when we went to see Ground Zero, I just froze! Just knowing that so many people lost their lives there on that tragic day, seeing the walls with all the names of the heros & knowing that the freedom we once had will never be the same again.

This weekend has turned out to be a good weekend for sports. Rusty ended up finishing 3rd in the Nextel point standings, so now he has 10 more races to go for his final chance at winning another championship. GO RUSTY!!! But unfortunately, Kasey & Kevin didn't make it, but there's always next year. Then the unthinkable happened today.....the Detroit Lions beat the Green Bay Packers :) Final score: Detroit 17, Green Bay 3. Jim's a happy camper right now! I told him not to get his hopes too high just yet though & he replied "hey, we're off to the Superbowl, Baby!" LOL It would be neat if the Lions were in the Superbowl this year though since it's being played right here in Detroit. Guess I need to start cheering them on a little more now :)

That's it for now.....gotta get some sleep & get back into my routine again,
Benita

No comments: