Thursday, January 08, 2009

365 - Days 6, 7 & 8

January 6th - The valances are hung & the windows are finally finished. Now everytime I walk into our living room, I just smile :) It finally feels like home!
January 7th - Speaking of windows, a friend of ours gave us this old window a long time ago, but I couldn't decide where I wanted to hang it. Since I moved all the Target cubes out from between the 2 windows in my scraproom, I decided this would be the perfect spot for it. Right now, it's hanging on a chain that came with it, but I may add some brackets to the back of it instead. And yes, it does have a crack in one of the panes of glass, but I think that gives it more character :) Now, to figure out what I want to put in the panels or how to decorate it.....any ideas?
January 8th - today, I finally went to see the neurosurgeon. My appointment was originally schedule for Tuesday, but an hour before the appointment, they called me & said that the doctor had an emergency surgery to do, so they had to reschedule it for today. He wants me to stop taking the Percocet because he said if I keep taking it, then we'll have another problem to deal with (meaning being addicted to it). He said that I don't need surgery (thank God for that!), but he's scheduling me for physical therapy 3 times a week for at least a month & he also wants me to see a pain management doctor. I start my physical therapy on Saturday at a place right down the road from our house. I so hope that it works & is the answer to my problems! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I'm still working on my 365 Day album.....I covered the front & back of it with Making Memories 5th Avenue paper plus added some ribbon, but I still need to do a little bit more before it's done. Glad to know that a lot of you are also doing the project. I love seeing all your daily pictures as well :)

The blog challenge on 2 Peas for Thursday is: "Make a list of five ways you've changed in the last five years." I love this idea! Here are 5 ways I've changed:
1. I've lost 60 pounds :)
2. I started exercising & I love it.....something I never thought I would ever do! But I love going to the gym so much that I got a job working there :)
3. I became a grandmother to the sweetest little girl!
4. I now have curly hair (thanks to perms) since I hate my hair when it's straight (although I've been seriously thinking about going back to straight hair again)!
5. Ever since losing my sister & brother-in-law, I've learned to enjoy life more & cherish each & every day I have! They died doing what they loved & I hope to die the same way!

Off to print some pictures & then relax. Till next time,
Benita

7 comments:

Lida said...

Your windows look so awesome I totally loved them!!

Staci Compher said...

hey stranger!! hope you're feelig better.....and I love all your 365 photo's I want to do this too..but feel so behind!!

KarenSue said...

I LOVE the window panes in between, I'm sure you'll come up with a great way to enhance them.

Linda said...

I'm so glad that you don't need to have surgery. I hope that physical therapy helps. I like the window, you could always put some photos from your 365 project in the panes.

emily said...

Good! You have some "answers" on what to do to start feeling better! I have heard that PT is really hard and can be painful but it really does work for people. Good luck! And your window treatments are so elegant!

Denise said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! What an accomplishment.

toners said...

Great post and great outlook, Benita :) That's one of the things I admire about you!