Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Really AM Blessed!

Yesterday morning, Shawn called & asked me if we were going to be home all day. I said yes since we were busy cleaning the house as Cassie & her friend are coming home today. He then said that him & Toni had to go pick up their daughter at her Dad's house & they were going to stop by afterwards. After all the stress I've been going through, this was truly a blessing! I look like crap in the above photo because I didn't even have a shower yet, but I didn't care. Just holding & hugging this little girl is all I need to make me smile :)

Let me tell you though, seeing my granddaughter yesterday made me realize that life isn't so bad afterall. And money definitely doesn't buy happiness! Seeing this little girl smile is what makes it all worthwhile.

She wanted to go for a walk with her Daddy & Gamma, so we took her around the block & I just couldn't resist snapping this picture of her & her Daddy holding hands :) Like the little pink cowboy boots? I saw them at Target a few weeks ago & just knew I had to buy them for her.

When they were getting ready to leave, she didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay at Gammas :) So I had to break out the cookies to get her to stay in her carseat. I handed her one Oreo, but that wasn't enough.....she wanted the whole bag & who was I to say no to this adorable face ;)

I really AM blessed!

Have a great Sunday,
Benita

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

sometimes it IS the littlest things in our lives that really are the BIGGEST blessings, huh? She is so cute... and I can see your a "gamma" with a big soft heart!! You don't spoil her much do you?? lol =)

Bridget said...

Benita, your granddaughter is so beautiful! I love those eyes! I know she is a blessing to you, and I'm glad you got to spend some time with her.

Unknown said...

she is adorable.
I love the cowboy boots :)

Maureen said...

What a sweetheart! LOVE the last photo....what a cutie!