Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Cassie!

17 years ago today, at exactly 10:42 am, this little baby girl was born, weighing in at 9 lbs., 4 oz. & 21 inches long. Can you believe my baby is 17 already? I can't! Why does time pass by so quickly? Why do kids have to grow up?
My only regret is that I wasn't a scrapbooker back then so I didn't take as many pictures as I do now. I did, however, snap a lot of pictures of her very first birthday (see layout above). I remember it like it was yesterday. She was sitting in her high chair and as we put the cake on her tray, she reached out to grab the candle & burnt her fingers. The tears started flowing & I felt so bad! But once she got a piece of cake, she immediately forgot about the pain & made a huge mess, so afterwards, it was off to the bathtub to clean up :)
Happy Birthday, Cassie! I hope it's your best one yet!
Love always,
Mom

4 comments:

toners said...

Happy Birthday Cassie! What a great entry :)

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday Cassie!

You still have all those wonderful memories that you can scrap from when she was little - with or without the pictures!

Lorrie said...

Happy birthday to Cassie Benita, makes you feel old huh? I can't imagine my baby turning 17 without me crying all day!!!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Cassie!