Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back From A Break

In case anyone was wondering where I've been, I decided about a week & a half ago to take a much-needed break. I've drastically cut back on my computer time, which feels really good, and started concentrating on me for a change! A lot of changes have been taking place in my life, one of which is trying to find myself. I guess what they say about getting old is true......you really do start looking at each & every day & start cherishing the time you have instead of wasting it, so to speak.

When Cassie turned 16 on the 18th of July (see birthday cookie above), it really made me 'think', not to mention made me feel even older! It made me take a deep, hard look into my life & where I'm at right now. It made me realize just how much I want to capture my dream of becoming an Interior Designer & now, I need to take those steps to make that dream come true. I'm currently looking into going back to school, which is going to be a MAJOR step for me considering I used to hate school & everything that went with it! But if I'm going to make my dream a reality, this is the only way to do it. Wish me luck!

Jim & I also found out recently that our bowling partners for Friday nights decided not to bowl this fall :( I was pretty upset about it at first, but now, I've decided to just take a year off from bowling as well. I need a break! It's going to be hard, especially when winter rolls around because there's not much else to do in Michigan in the winter.....unless you like snow, which I can live without. Jim's still going to bowl on his men's leagues, but it's going to feel really strange not bowling together since we've been doing it for 12 years now.

Since I took a break, I also got behind on the Ten For Tuesday challenges that Carrie posts over on The Scrapbook Zone message boards, so I decided to just do this week's challenge, which is to list 10 weird things about ourselves. This one should be easy :)

1. I don't eat any meat except for Bacon & I'm also a very picky eater (you probably already knew that one, though).
2. I'm afraid of heights, but yet I want to go skydiving someday.
3. I'm constantly washing my hands, which could be why they are always so dry, but I can't stand for my hands to feel even the slightest bit dirty!
4. I wanted to be a model when I was in high school, but that's a dream that I've pretty much given up on.
5. I can't stand minty toothpaste, which is why I use Pepsodent & hope that they never stop making it.
6. I can't jump into a pool without holding my nose & closing my eyes.
7. I'm addicted to Primas, but I bet you already knew that one, too :)
8. I'm obsessed with organizing & reorganizing my scraproom over & over & over again. I get bored with my room very easily if I don't switch something around at least every 2-3 weeks (usually more often than that).
9. I have a tattoo on my right leg that I got while I was in Athens, Greece in 1983 & even though it got infected when I first got it, I refused to have it removed & now it looks awful since the color is all gone, but now I'm too chicken to have it recolored.
10. As my daughter says, I'm stuck in the 80's when it comes to my hair style. I just don't look good without some 'poof' on the top. But hey, all those 80's clothes are coming back in style, so maybe my hair style will, too :)

Okay, that was harder than I thought it would be. But yep, it proves it....I really AM weird! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

love your list Benita!! Good luck with your Interior Design!

Lorrie said...

Welcome back! I've missed your blogging! Oh, and you don't sound weird at all to me! lol! Oh, except maybe the meat eating thing. I'm definately a carnivore...