Here is the other side were I used big purple rick-rack, Primas, rhinestones and a bookplate with the word Believe. On the end, I used Heidi Swapp Chipboard for the word Family which I painted, a Bazzill flower, ribbon, fiber, circle tag with a flower & rhinestone & some epoxy stickers that I've had in my stash forever.
On this side, I used ribbon, more Primas, a fancy button & the metal memories from JoAnn's. On the end are more flowers, mesh, buttons, ribbon, a metal charm & a vellum quote for the word Cherish.
I will be making several more of these for Christmas gifts for my family & friends. For my Dad, I'm thinking about doing one with his 2 favorite Nascar drivers, Kasey Kahne on one side & Ryan Newman on the other. For my sisters, I'll do one with angels on it for Linda, one with bears for Barb & one with wolves for Donna (hoping they aren't reading my blog right now, lol). And even though my Mom is living in a nursing home, I'll make her one, too with either dogs or horses on it. And I'm sure I'll end up making some more for myself as well :) I can think of SO many uses for these. The first one I made is being used for it's intended purpose, tv remotes. But I could see one of these in my scraproom for tools, etc., one in my kitchen with grapes on it, one in our master bedroom for hand creams, etc.. The uses are endless.
Carrie posted a 10 for Tuesday challenge on The Scrapbook Zone website for us to list 10 things we think we're good at, so here are my answers in no particular order:
1. Scrapbooking. I doubt I'll ever be a famous name in the scrapbooking world, but I'm happy with my layouts & that's what really matters :)
2. Decorating. I love painting, hanging arrangements, working with accessories, etc. Another reason why it's my dream to become an Interior Designer.
3. Organizing. I love finding new ways to organize my scraproom & home.
4. Baking. Notice I said baking & not cooking, lol.
5. Typing. Taking 4 years of typing in high school has paid off.
6. Collecting :) Anything from scrapbook supplies to Primas to Beanie Babies to clothes.
7. Photography, although this is something I still need to improve on & I will be taking classes for this fall.
8. Keeping track of bills & our budget, which is why I handle the checkbook :)
9. Shopping ;)
10. Being a perfectionist. Sometimes this is a good thing & sometimes, it's bad. But it's part of being a Virgo :)
Have a wonderful weekend,