We left for the race around 5:30am & picked up 2 of our friends that wanted to ride with us to the race....what a blast that was, there & back! We all laughed the whole time! We arrived at the track around 7:45am, just in time for the gates to open at 8:00am. The first thing we did was shop. Of course I had to go to Kasey's trailer & I bought a polo shirt, a jersey that was marked down because it was last year's design, Kasey's diecast car from last year (now I have his car for all 3 years), a sweatshirt, also marked down & a hat for my Dad. Then we headed to Kevin Harvick's trailer (Jim's favorite driver, for some unknown reason, lol) & Jim got a polo shirt & Kevin's diecast from last year as well. After we were done shopping, we decided to go up & check out our suite seats. We got some free gifts (a small cooler, a hat & a race program) & then we grabbed some seats in the first row. The coolest part was, we were almost directly above the start/finish line & the suite was air conditioned :) About the only thing I didn't like about being in the suites is that you don't get to hear the roar of the cars on the track as well. But at least we stayed dry :)
Next, we went down into the pits, which was included in the price of the tickets. That's where we took most of our pictures at. I was also able to get a Kasey Kahne lug nut for me &amp;amp; a Ryan Newman lug nut for my Dad ;) Plus I got some of Kasey's Pit Crew to autograph my ticket holder & my Dad's hat.
I've been trying to upload these photos since Monday, but for some reason, blogger wasn't cooperating with me. It would let me load 2 & then wouldn't let me add anymore, but I was finally able to get them uploaded this morning. This is just a very small sampling of the photos we took (click on each image to view it larger):
Here are Jim & I standing next to the trophy, Jim in his Kevin Harvick shirt & me in my Kasey Kahne Dodge shirt :) I thought it was so neat that they were letting people get next to the trophy & take their pictures with it!
I saw these 2 Nextel Cup Officials & decided to stop & ask them if I could take their picture. I figured they probably don't ever get asked to have their picture taken & I just love their uniforms. I think I made their day :)
Here is Kasey's jack man getting the jack ready for the race. Man, talk about some muscles! :)
And here is a picture of me standing on the start/finish line :)
Now for another challenge......Sophia posted this one on her blog & it looks like a lot of fun. I may have even done it before, but who knows. Anyway, here it is.....feel free to do it on your blog as well.
1. FIRST NAME? Benita
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My Mom heard the name on the radio for someone famous, but I have no idea who.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Today & whenever when I think about Karen & Jimmy :(
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Nope
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Bacon :)
6. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yep, 2.....why? Do you want them??
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Once I got to know me :)
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just my blog
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yep, but sometimes it gets me in trouble :)
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Heck NO!
12. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope, but I'm usually wearing my Crocs & they don't have strings.
13. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Strong willed.....Yes. Physically strong? Sometimes
14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Brown Cow, although I haven't had any in months!
15. SHOE SIZE? 11 M
16. RED OR PINK? Pink!
17. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My weight :(
18. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Karen & Jimmy :(
19. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? September 5, 1962 in Royal Oak, Michigan.
20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans & no shoes, but usually it's one of my 8 pairs of Crocs :)
21. WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Breakfast
22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The thunder & rain outside.
23. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple
24. FAVORITE SMELL? Vanilla candles, Cucumber Melon body wash & the Lilacs in my yard.
25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE? My hubby Jim :)
26. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU MEET? Their eyes
27. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have an eye for detail.....whenever I'm shopping, I will check an item over until I find the best one :)
28. FAVORITE DRINK? Ice Water & an occassional Strawberry Daiquiri
29. FAVORITE SPORT? To do: Bowling & Golf. To watch: Nascar :)
30. HAIR COLOR? Medium Brown
31. EYE COLOR? Deep, dark Brown
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, I can't.
33. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza :)
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy, of course
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? City Of Angels on HBO...love that movie!
36. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Navy Blue
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Definitely Summer....I'm in Michigan, remember?
38. HUGS OR KISSES? Both :)
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? Those Strawberry Sundaes that Big Boy has right now......YUMMY!!!
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Nothing right now, but will be reading The Total Body Makeover as soon as it arrives.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have one.
42. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My hubby's voice & the water at Niagara Falls.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither! Give me U2, Godsmack & Linkin Park :)
44. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Athens, Greece back in 1983.
45. IF YOU COULD PICK ANY TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE DINNER WITH, WHO WOULD THEY BE? Rusty Wallace & Kasey Kahne ;)
Now onto the Ten for Tuesday that Carrie posted on The Scrapbook Zone. We're to list 10 of our Favorite Dishes to eat. This one is going to be hard for me since I'm such a picky eater, but here it goes:
1. Pizza (you should have known that would be the first one! Hehe :)
2. Homemade Macaroni & Cheese topped with Parmesan & Bread Crumbs
3. Cheesy Potato Bites from the Bowling Center.
4. Belguim Waffles from Big Boy.
5. French Toast anytime of the day....it's not just for breakfast anymore :)
6. Steak & Shake Grilled Cheese with Bacon.
7. Steak & Shake Cheese Fries.
8. Jim's baked potatoes on the grill loaded with....you guessed it....shredded cheese & bacon bits :)
9. Cheese & Bacon covered chips at Applebee's.
Dang, it's no wonder I'm overweight! :( But once I start reading the Total Body Makeover book, some of these things (okay, make that most!) will be removed from my diet!
That's all for now......I'll try to add some more pics from the race once blogger lets me.
Have a great day!