The way this man of mine shows me his love each & every day never ceases to amaze me. But then he goes & does something like this.....again. For the second year in a row, Jim got me roses on his birthday! He knew that I was disappointed yesterday because the gift that I ordered for him didn't come in yet, so I had absolutely nothing to give him for his birthday this year :( I ordered him a pair of bowling shoes at the end of October & thought for sure that they would be here in time. I had to special order them since he's left handed & they only stock these particular shoes for right handers, but they can be special ordered for lefties. But nope, they still aren't here. So then I thought I would buy him a new bowling ball that he mentioned he wants.....only problem is, that ball doesn't even get released until February.....just my luck! So when he came home from work yesterday with 2 dozen gorgeous red roses in his hands, I broke down into tears! I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband!
But not all was lost because Jim still had a good birthday yesterday. He only had to work part of the day since he's taking a training course this week, so he was happy with that. Last night, we went out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Kalloways, & he ordered the Prime Rib. Gary, the owner, came over to see how we were doing & I told him that today was Jim's birthday, so he offered Jim a free dessert (they do that for everyone on their birthdays). But Jim was stuffed from the Prime Rib, so as we were walking out, Gary came up & handed Jim a very nice polo shirt with their logo embroidered on it. Plus he gave us 2 buy 1, get 1 free coupons for their Sunday Brunch. How cool is that? Jim & I haven't gone to their Sunday Brunch yet, but we've always wanted to check it out as we've heard it's awesome. So now we're going to try to go this Sunday.
After dinner, we brought Cassie back home & went to see the movie In Pursuit Of Happyness. EXCELLENT movie! If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. It really makes you grateful for what you have. And it makes you think about people that may not be as fortunate as you. Definitely a tear jerker, too, so make sure you bring some tissues (or get lots of napkins from the snack counter like I did, lol).
The other day, Lorrie tagged me on her blog & I'm just now getting to it. And although I've done this one before, I'll do it again :) I'm supposed to list 6 weird things about me....this should be easy, right?
1. I don't eat any meat except for bacon (but most of you already know this one).
2. I have very dry hands, but hate putting hand cream on them because I hate the greasy feeling that it leaves plus I'm constantly washing my hands because I can't stand for them to be dirty. I think I finally fixed the dry hand part, though......now I put it on at night with these gloves that help make the hand cream soak into my hands. Then I take the gloves off when I wake up & first thing I do is wash my hands :)
3. I'm always checking my car to make sure that no one hit it with their doors or a shopping cart whenever I go anywhere. And I'll take up 2 parking spaces, but I park down towards the end of the parking lot as to not be inconsiderate of other people. Hey, it's still a new car to me. Jim thinks I'm a little too obsessed with it sometimes. Nah, not me :)
4. When I'm bowling, I have to blow into my thumb hole before I put my thumb in. It gives me a little extra grip on the ball. Hey, I've seen some pro bowlers do it on live tv, so it can't be too weird, right? :)
5. All of the shirts in my closet are arranged by color (black, brown, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange/peach, pink, red, etc) & they have to be hung up all facing the same way. I even had to buy those non-slip hangers from HSN because I wanted my closet to look nice (not like anyone else but Jim or I sees it, though, lol).
6. I have more Prima flowers than probably 100 people could use in a lifetime! But most of you probably already knew that one, too :)
There you have it.....I could probably think of more than 6 weird things about me, though. hehe. Now I'm tagging the following people: Jennifer, Emily, Kelley, Sue, Carrie & Jewls. Have fun & I can't wait to read your lists :)
It's snowing (again!), which really stinks because Jim & I promised Cassie we'd take her to the mall today since she only has a half day of school due to finals, plus Jim has a haircut appointment at 1:00 & I wanted to go to Ikea as I need a few more things for my scraproom. I've been doing a little bit of rearranging the past couple of days.....once I'm done, I'll take some updated pics.
I can handle the snow, but it's the cold that I can't stand! On the way home from the movie last night, it was 3 degrees out at 9:15 p.m.! The sun did come out yesterday, but the temperatures kept dropping throughout the day. Lately, it's been snowing on & off almost every single day & that's just depressing. I just wish we'd get one big storm & get it over with! (Did I just say that? lol) My car is filthy right now & needs a bath BAD! Ah well, welcome to Winter in Michigan :)
Have a great Friday & wonderful weekend,