Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry CHRISTmas


On Saturday, the 23rd, Toni made arrangements with Jim & I to let us spend the day with our granddaughter & I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present! I haven't seen her in over 4 months, so needless to say, I was estatic! We took her out to dinner & then did some shopping to buy her a new winter coat, then we brought her back home so that she could open her presents from us. Here she is with her SpongeBob pillow & blanket.

I also purchased her some Crocs because the last time she was here, she saw mine & was walking around the house in them. You should have seen the look on her face when she opened the Crocs....it truly was priceless! She immediately took her shoes off so she could put the Crocs on. I think she was more thrilled with the Crocs than she was any of the toys we got her :)

But then again, I think the Sit & Spin was a pretty big hit, too, as you can see in this picture. I had to spin her around on it a couple of times first until she got the hang of it, but once she did, look out!

Until she tipped over! LOL. She was okay & jumped right back on it again. But don't you just love how well those bright pink Crocs go with the green, orange & blue Sit & Spin? :) I was really sad to see her go, but I talked to Toni & she agreed to let me see her once or twice a month from now on. I truly want to be a part of this little girl's life & I'm so grateful for the time that I do get to spend with her!

Santa was really good to me this year :) I got a few scrapbooking items that you can see here.....the Making Memories Grommet Set, a Making Memories Foam Stamp Set, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 & a Prima Spice Rack of flowers. Besides the items pictured, I also got a Kasey Kahne watch, Kasey Kahne gold heart shaped pendant for my necklace, a couple of Kasey Kahne t-shirts, a Kasey Kahne jacket (see a trend here yet? :), a Kasey Kahne Pen Holder & Boyd's Bear, a Koala Bear from Build-A-Bear workshop, a Belgiun Waffle Maker (one of those professional type ones where you flip it over), 3 cd's, 2 Yankee Candles & some body wash.

Shawn came over today to spend Christmas with us & Jim & I couldn't resist playing a little 'trick' on him, hence the picture of him holding a box of condoms :) I decided to give him a gift basket with some of his favorite things (sunflower seeds, Slim Jims, a Hickory Farms beefstick, etc.) & well, I've been telling him to use protection because I don't want to be a Grandma again! Not that I don't love my granddaughter because I do, but I know that he's not responsible enough to bring another child into the world right now. So that explains the box of condoms :) I buried them in the bottom of the basket & you should have seen his face when he found them, hehehe :)





Off to enjoy the rest of the night with my hubby & to eat some dessert.....Peanut Butter Pie :) Tomorrow, Cassie goes to Traverse City for a week & since Jim is off work all week, we'll be spending some nice, enjoyable time together :)

Hope Santa brought you everything you wished for!
Benita

5 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Glad you got to spend some time with your Granddaughter. She is so cute and growing up so fast! I have never seen so many prima's. They aren't big down here at the LSS's so I am always looking for ideas! Love the new ring. Congrats on your anniversay.

Unknown said...

Oh my - looks like you had a fabulous time -- loving those pink crocs!! my dd has some as well!! And all of those Primas --- beautiful!!!!!

Emily said...

Your granddaughter is so sweet!! I also got Photoshop Elements 5.0 this year! Merry Christmas!

Lorrie said...

Looks like you had a great Chrismtas, and glad you got to spend time with your granddaughter! She's a real cutie patootie!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a good christmas but ido have to ask WHY would you sell your Cricut .I love mine dearly and could never imagine selling it!!