Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Comedy, Shopping & Good Deeds

As I stated in my last post, Jim & I went to see Carlos Mencia Saturday night & what a wonderful night it was! Jim & I never laughed so hard in our lives! We both had pains in our stomach from laughing so much! Not only is Carlos an excellent comedian, he's a super sweet person IRL, too. And he really makes you think. Jim & I couldn't resist paying to have our photo taken with him, but now I know why I hate polaroid photos so much.....I look like a ghost! :) Me thinks I need to get a tan! We also bought 2 t-shirts & 3 of his DVD's. Definitely a night we won't forget!
Luckily, we were allowed to take our cameras in, but sadly, I only got one really good picture, this one above :( I used the flash on this one, but then I turned the flash off because I didn't want to piss people off with it & all the pictures that I took without the flash were really blurry :( Now if I could just figure out how to remove this guy's head from this picture. If anyone could do that for me, I would be very appreciative.

Yesterday, my good friend Cindy & I went to do some Christmas shopping & boy, did we SHOP! We went to Target, Michaels, lunch at Coney Island, Game Stop, Ulta & then to Linen's & Things where I just had to purchase 2 of these candles. They smell soooo yummy! Heck, I may not even have to bake cookies this year, hehe.

At Michaels, I purchased this 4 foot tree for $19.99. It was the last one they had with colored lights & I wanted a separate tree to put all my miscellaneous ornaments on.....the ones that kids made years ago & ones that Jim & I have collected throughout the years. This tree will be the perfect size for them.....I hope.

Jim & I both did some good deeds yesterday. While Jim was walking into work, he found a guy just laying on the sidewalk. He slipped on some ice & completely knocked himself out cold. Jim said he thought he was dead at first. Apparently, he had a cup of coffee in his hand & that ended up all over his face & Jim said that it was already frozen on his face! Jim called security & they finally got the guy to wake up, so they took him to the hospital & it turns out, he has a broken leg. I told Jim that he's truly a hero because if no one else would have seen the guy, he may have ended up freezing to death as the temps were only in the teens yesterday morning! I'm so proud of him!!! :) Then while I was out shopping, I found a credit card in the parking lot of Michaels. I called the number on the back of the card & since it was a Sam's Club card, the guy said that I could just turn it in there. But then the more that I thought about it, I thought I would try to call the person once I got home, so that's what I did. She was so appreciative & kept saying that she wants to do something for me, take me out to lunch or something, but I told her that wasn't necessary. All I needed was the feeling it gave me to do a good deed :) And I honestly believe that God put both Jim & I in the right places at the right time for these 2 things that happened yesterday.
We also got some snow yesterday while we were out shopping & I never thought I'd say this, but I miss my Durango! Okay, wake up, Benita......you LOVE your Charger! :) I just miss the 4 wheel drive. Let's just say that my Charger does NOT handle good in the snow at all! I think I'm in for a VERY long Winter :(
This morning, I found these tracks on my front sidewalk & porch. Bunny tracks, maybe? Anyone know for sure what they're from?
Here's a close-up view. I sure hope it's just from a bunny!

That's all for now. Off to take a shower, go to Walmart for some groceries & then I have to get my first oil change done on the Charger. Have a wonderful day! And if you get the chance, do a good deed for someone today.....trust me, it'll make you feel SO good inside!

Benita

8 comments:

Noelia said...

You and your DH are very good samaritans. This world would be a better place if we all did some small deeds each day don't you think? Great life lesson! TFS

Anonymous said...

Carlos is one funny guy, sounds like you had a blast!!

All the small deeds do matter, thanks for sharing.

Oh and I love all your photos!

Theresa said...

glad things thawed enough for you to get see Carlos. Can you believe how much they charged for those polaroids? OY!

Cammeron said...

Omgosh! I love Carlos Mencia! He is soooo funny! You lucky dogg you :)

Jewels by Jewls said...

Way to go on the good deeds Benita! that's awesome!

Send me the full image of Carlos and I'll see what I can do with Photoshop. (I'll email you too)

That look like bunny paws, but wow, they sure are different.

Jewls
www.jewelsbyjewls.com
www.digiscrapsupply.com

Jenn said...

Oh please send snow to Va...ha! It's just part of the holiday season!!

That candle is one of my favorit scents..I've been buring tarts lately like craz1!!

Glad you had a fun night out.
Love your new tree!

Emily said...

What a nice post! The Christmas season is a great time to be on the other end of your good deeds!

Anonymous said...

Nice Photos with Carlos Mencia my Husband likes his show!

Have a nice day.

Bety.