Monday, March 27, 2006

Wonderful Weekend!

On Saturday, we drove Cassie half way to Traverse City so she can spend a week with her best friend & I miss her already! On the way back home, Jim & I stopped by Hobby Lobby & I found some pottery items to go in my living room to put on our new end tables that I pick up this week....best part, they were 50% off. While I was there, I also had to check out the scrapbooking section....I couldn't pass up that section, now could I? :) I bought the Basic Grey Notch Tool Kit with a 40% off coupon, along with some American Crafts ribbon, some rub-ons & some foam stamps.

Since I only spent a little over an hour in Hobby Lobby (a first for me! lol), we decided to stop by the Birch Run Outlets on the way home. But first, we stopped at a restaurant called Tony's. We've heard a lot of good things about it, so we decided to check it out. Their food is awesome & when you order, you better make sure your stomach is empty! Jim ordered an Omelette, which was huge & I had pancakes & a side of bacon.....or should I say half a pig! Their side of bacon literally consists of a basket loaded with bacon! There must have been 2 lbs. or more of bacon in that basket! Needless to say, there was no way I could eat it all, so we ended up bringing it home.

We then went to one of my favorite outlet stores which carries Lee Jeans. I've been needing some new jeans for a while now & I ended up getting 5 pairs for $55.00 total.....can't beat that! Then we went to the Nike store & Jim got a pair of sneakers for $40.00. Shortly after we got home, Shawn arrived with a nice surprise for us:

My granddaughter :) I couldn't believe it! Toni actually let him keep her for the night. It's been exactly 3 months since the last time I saw her (Christmas Day), so needless to say, I was extremely happy! She's talking up a storm now & is just as cute as ever!

On Sunday, Jim & I just stayed at home, relaxed, did laundry & watched the Nascar race. Perfect end to a beautiful weekend :)

Till next time,

Benita

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE IS TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

awww.. what a swettie!!

have a great day!

http://tabithacjones.typepad.com/

Kim said...

Your granddaughter is so beautiful and getting so big! Glad you got to spend some time together.