Friday, June 01, 2007

Perfect Ending to a Perfect Day!

Forget all about what I said yesterday about being a bad Grandma! I got a phone call from my son yesterday & he said he was going to come by my work to drop my granddaughter off so that I could spend some time with her. Those were the BEST 5 hours I've had with this little girl! As I was driving home, I heard her say "Grandma?" & boy, did that bring tears to my eyes! That is the first time she's ever called me Grandma! I was beginning to think that she didn't know what to call me! And of course, I just had to snap a bunch of pictures of her while she was here :)
After we ate dinner, we took her shopping for some birthday gifts & I let her pick out her own things since I wasn't too sure what she was into right now. She got a cute Dora The Explorer Big Sister Doll set, a Dora phone, a Spiderman Mr. Potato Head (what will they think of next?) & a few other things. Then it was time to take her back to her Mom. Her Mom told me that whenever I want to take her for a weekend to just let her know because she could 'use the break'. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that!

Here she is watching Sponge Bob with the Sponge Bob that I gave her for Christmas. She even remembered that I was the one that gave it to her :)


I was chasing her around with the camera (literally), just snapping away & caught this cute little grin behind her sippy cup :)

Here she is on the phone, pretending to talk to her Mom. Just look at that smirk on her face? Priceless!




And lastly, I couldn't resist taking a picture of her on the potty ;) She's such a big girl already!
Thank-you God for making this day a very special day & for giving me this gorgeous little girl! And thanks for all the birthday wishes for her that I received :)
Off to go garage-saling (is that a word?).
Benita

4 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

SO GLAD u had a great time with your granddaughter.. and if i were u, i wud remove the pic of her on the potty.. that's bordering on bad taste.. LOL hugs have a great weekend.

Kim said...

She is soooooo cute, Benita. She looks so grown up! Great pictures. I am glad you got to spend time with her.

Rachael said...

So glad you were able to spend time with her!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.