Monday, June 18, 2007

Nascar & Scrapbooking

Jim & Shawn had a fabulous time at the Nascar race yesterday. But I'll admit, I was a little disappointed that I didn't go after seeing that Carl Edwards won. I would have loved to see him do his backflip in person! Although I'm not a huge fan of Carl's, he is a good driver (and cute! lol) & I was really glad that he won being that it was his 100th start & his very first start was at MIS. Cool, huh?

Jim did take some pretty cool pics for me. Above is him standing next to his favorite driver's souvenir trailer.

Here's Shawn standing next to a display car of his favorite driver (GAG ME! LOL). Sorry Shawn, but you know I'll NEVER like Gordon!
Jim next to a purple 1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible! Oh, how I would LOVE to own that car!!!
A Kasey Kahne stand-up. I asked Jim why he didn't bring it home with him ;)
A new "wall" at MIS displaying all the Champions that have won there over the years. Wish I could remove that guy in the picture. Why is it, that everytime you go to take a picture, someone has to walk in front of you???
Love this picture Jim took of all the teams lined up for the National Anthem.
And they're off!
Jim's favorite driver.
My favorite driver :) Yeah, he's having a very bad year this year, but I know he'll make a comeback!
Since I didn't go to the race, I decided to scrapbook & clean my scraproom. Above is a layout I did using the Zone's Design Team kit for this month. I gotta admit, I wasn't too thrilled with the papers I got this month by Luxe Designs, but I'm very happy with how this layout turned out :) (click on image to view larger) Supplies used: Bazzill, Luxe Designs PP, Pressed Petals Chip Chatter Fuzzy Chipboard Alphabet, AC Thickers, Deluxe Designs Plain Janes Chipboard Swirls, MM paints, Primas & rhinestones. I also started 3 other layouts, but I got stumped on them, so I set them aside & cleaned my room instead.
Time to get off this computer & see what Cassie wants to do today since school's officially out for the summer (her last day was last Thursday) & I'm off from work today, but then I have to work the next 3 days.

Have a great week, since I probably won't be able to update my blog again for a few days,
Benita

5 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Great photos! DH would LOVE to see a race. Awesome LO too!

Lorrie said...

Your dh got some good shots-- sorry you couldn't be there. I've never really gotten into Nascar, but my dh's sister and her hubby are HUGE fans!
Oh, and I LOVE LOVE that lo! Sooooo cute!!
Have fun at work and have a good week!

Jill said...

Wow - I didn't realize the race track was such a colorful place!!!! Pretty layout too! Jill

Unknown said...

I can totally see you in that purple convertible!

Kip said...

I bought the Luxe black and white papers and like them a lot. Your LO is really cute!!

Kip