Monday, April 30, 2007

What A Difference.....

....a week makes! Last Monday, I posted a photo of my Weeping Cherry tree which was just starting to get it's buds (see last post). A week later, it's in full bloom & oh so pretty! I'm so glad that we replaced our pine tree with this Weeping Cherry a few years ago. It was hard to get out of our driveway when we had the pine tree there as it blocked our view of the street too much, so having it cut down was the best thing we did.
While I was snapping pictures of the Weeping Cherry tree, a bumble bee decided it wanted in on the action :) I'm scared to death of bees & usually I run when I see one, lol! But I figured I'd try to capture some photos of this one as he was more interested in the blossoms than me anyway :)
It was a beautiful weekend, although I didn't get to enjoy it as I was sick most of the weekend :( Friday night while I was at work, I had a really bad upset stomach & it continued throughout the weekend. I don't know if it was something I ate or a stomach bug or what, but luckily, I'm feeling a little better this morning. I got my first paycheck from The Scrapbook Zone on Friday, but I haven't even been able to go to the bank to deposit it yet. Now I'm thinking I should have Jim take some pictures of me with it before I do deposit it so I can scrapbook about it ;)
That's all for today.....gotta go take Cassie to school & then I'm going to try to get out & enjoy some of this GORGEOUS weather we're having!
Happy Monday,
Benita

5 comments:

Cricket said...

beautiful tree! I want to plant a Cherry Blossom tree in my front yard, they are so pretty!

Hope you feel better!

Smiles,

toners said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I hope you are feeling better :)

Unknown said...

Your tree is gorgeous!

Yellow Fence said...

The pictures of your tree are fabulous. I would love to have a tree like that in my yard!

Shannon

Raquel said...

Beautiful pictures of the blossoms!!