My life is on the road to a new path......a path that I didn't even know it was going to take. When I found out that The Scrapbook Zone was hiring, I just knew that I had to apply for a job there! Yes, the Zone is almost an hour drive one way, but I wasn't about to let that stop me from working at the BEST LSS in Michigan :) My first day was Friday on not only a Freaky Friday, but a DOORBUSTER Freaky Friday & also a Crop Till You Drop Weekend. Yes, it was quite busy & my feet were hurting by the end of my 8 hour shift, but I had SO much fun & I already love my job! The first couple of hours, I just helped bag orders & assisted customers that needed some help. Then I got to run the register for a while & caught on pretty fast. And of course, after my shift was over, I had to do a little shopping. I think I spent my whole first paycheck already ;)
The photo above is one I took during my photography class. Last Tuesday, we took a walk through Powell Lake Park to take some pictures, working with the shadows from the sun. We only have 1 week left of our class & this next Tuesday, we're all going to bring our photos in & share them with each other.
Speaking of Tuesday, Carrie dedicated this week's Ten For Tuesday to me ;) since she knows how much I love doing her TFT lists. Thanks, Carrie :) I'm a little behind, but here is this week's Top Ten:
Top Ten Things You Would Like To Learn To Do:
1. Scrapbook faster! I'm a very slow scrapper!
2. Become an even better photographer. The classes have helped, but I know I still have a lot to learn.
3. Skydiving, although my husband thinks I'm nuts for wanting to do that ;)
4. Scuba Diving.
5. Sew on something besides scrapbook layouts ;)
6. Learn more about Interior Design.
7. How to golf better. I just started golfing last summer & really enjoyed it.
8. How to organize better. Everytime I think I finally found a solution, sonner or later, I end up changing it again.
9. Drive a Semi-Truck. I love driving & think it would be fun to drive a big rig!
10. Snow/Water Ski. I've water skied once a very LONG time ago, but would love to do it again someday.
Tonight was our last night of bowling on our every other Saturday league & then in 2 weeks, we have our banquet & fun night. I guess you could say that I went out with a 'bang' as I bowled games of 215, 184 & 190 for a 589 series. I really wanted a 600, but I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight. And after I won $273 for the House Progressive Mystery for my 184 game, I couldn't complain anymore :)
That's all for tonight. Have to get some sleep as I'm working again tomorrow :) Next week, the Zone is going to be really busy as CKU will be in Detroit & the Zone is doing some classes, make-n-takes & specials plus Ali Edwards will be there on Wednesday for a book signing :) It's going to be a very fun & busy week!
Off to bed,