Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is the birthday of a very special person in my life....my Dad. Over the years, my Dad & I didn't have the best relationship, but in the past 2 1/2 years, it has really grown. And although it took an awful tragedy to bring my Dad & I back together, we are closer today than we've ever been before. I just wish I got to see him more often than I do, but with him living over 500 miles away, it's not easy. I took this picture of him back on August 29th right after we all visited the gravesite of Karen & Jimmy. As you can see, he's a big Kasey Kahne fan just like me :)
Today is also a sad day for Jim. It was 21 years ago that his Mom passed away. Sadly, I never got to meet her, but Jim tells me all the time that we would have gotten along perfectly. He claims that his Mom would have out-shopped me, too.....hmmm.....that would be tough to do!
Right now, it's freezing in Michigan.....the temp is only 3 degrees! So we'll be staying home all day, cleaning the house, doing some laundry & watching the Super Bowl tonight. I have some baby back ribs in the crock pot simmering away & although I don't eat them, they smell soooo good! Who knows, I may just have to try them :)
Back to cleaning....have a great Sunday,
Benita
P.S. GOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. Stay warm

Lorrie said...

Hey sweetie... I'm so glad that you and your dad are close now. I'm sooo a daddy's girl! I love my dad!
SOrry I haven't commented much, I havent' had a lot of time for reading blogs...so I'm making today my catch up blog day!!