Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Results Are In

I just got back from seeing my doctor & I have Supraspinatus Tendinitis in my shoulder along with fluid in the Subacromial Bursa. The report also says that I have "degenerative changes glenohumeral and acromioclavicular in nature with mild impingement", whatever that means. Basically, there is a reason behind me still being in pain! He's referred me to an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulders & knees, but I can't get ahold of them until Monday. He said I will need to get a cortizone shot in my shoulder, which that alone is scaring the crap out of me, as well as going through some physical therapy. He went on to say that luckily, I don't have any tears, so that's great news :) But he also said that I won't be able to use the weight machines at the gym for quite a while & that's not good news :(

Thanks again for all the prayers & positive thoughts! They truly mean a lot to me!

Off to watch the snow come down,
Benita

9 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a lot of triple score words right there! Hopefully a cortisone shot or two will take away most of the pain. Glad to hear there was no tear!

Lee said...

Oh Benita, how terrible. I've suffered with terrible shoulders for ages - I've refused the cortisone shots. Before you have one, can I suggest going to an experience chiropractor and receive some trigenics treatment before you go for the shot? It might take a couple of weeks, but boy, did it ever work for me!

At any rate, best of luck :)

Emily said...

Good luck with everything Benita, I hope you find something to help the pain!

Denise said...

Hi, Benita...I was just catching up on some blog reading and was sorry to see you are hurting. Take care of yourself.

Casii said...

Poor thing! I know the cortizone shot may freak you out, but done right, is such a refief. My 17 yr old has juvenile rheumatiod arthritis and has a few times found great relief with cortizone.

emily said...

Wow! Those are some long words! I hope that whatever route you choose you start to feel some relief! Enjoy watching the snow come down...I sure am...

toners said...

Hi Benita, I hope the doctors can figure out an easy treatment plan for you so that you can feel better soon!! Enjoy the white stuff - we have some coming tomorrow :)

Janet said...

Good to have the results back. I'm sorry you've been going through this! A few years ago I had a rotator cuff injury so I understand how painful shoulder stuff can be. Hope they can treat it quickly for you so you'll soon be good as new!

Lorrie said...

holy cow girl, I'm glad you have some answers, even if they're all in greek, (or should I say LATIN?) anyhoo, hope you get to feeling better soon. I've been meaning to leave you a comment, but just kept forgetting... sorry!! {{hugs}}