Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Madness Continues

You seriously didn't think that my reorganization would stop at my last post now, did you? Hehe :) If you know me, you know that when I start reorganizing, I keep going & going & going.....just like the Energizer bunny. Last week, I had a 50% off Michael's coupon that was just burning a hole in my purse & I decided to finally break down & buy the Making Memories Embellishment Center. Well, that lead to having to rearrange more things on my walls. I originally planned to just hang it up on the wall where my tilt bins were since I've been thinking about getting rid of them, but then I thought.....no.....not there. Over here ---> So I had to move one of my paint racks along with my stamp pad holder & I put it where that was. The bigger glass jars are from Walmart & the smaller ones are from Ikea.
I then moved my sewing machine to the top of the file cabinet & put my stamp pad holder on top of my stamp holder (both of which I purchased on ebay).
Then when I moved the paint rack down to the other end of the row of paint racks, I decided to turn it into a Stickles rack :) But now I'll be in trouble if they make more colors as it's already filled as I own every color that they currently make, except for the bigger ones.....I only have 4 of those!
Sarah asked me what brand of 3-ring albums I'm using. I wanted to keep them mostly black, so I'm going with 8 of the Making Memories 5th Avenue 12X12 3-ring albums (they match my altered items in my room so good!) & I also just ordered 7 more American Crafts albums from Ritz Camera. Yeah, I know that Hobby Lobby has them on sale this week & I was going to take a drive up there to get some, but after I figured out the costs of buying them at Hobby Lobby versus buying them through Ritz Camera's website, it worked out to be almost exactly the same with the cost of gas being as outrageous as it is right now! Plus they're offering free shipping with a $100 order right now & the albums are on sale on the website (not as low as Hobby Lobby's sale, though).

Here are the tags that I made to go on my albums:
Here's how I have them displayed (so far) on my Expedit:
Close-up of a few of the albums:
Even closer :) :
I used Stacy Julian's idea of using binder clips, ribbons & metal rimmed tags (although I covered my tags all the way so you can't see much of the metal part).
Tonight, Jim & I finally did it.....we joined a gym! It's something we've been talking about doing for months & well, the gym down the road from us had a special running this past weekend, so we decided to just do it! We went in tonight to get our membership cards & we'll be starting to work out tomorrow. I'm so excited! Yep, you read that right.....I'm excited about working out! :)
As we were leaving the gym, we came out to find a flat tire on my car :( Jim started to change it, but come to find out, the lug wrench that came with the car doesn't fit my lug nuts! How crazy is that?!? So I called AAA (thank goodness for having them!) & the lady that I talked to told me that I was the 3rd person that she had today that said that their lug wrench didn't fit! What the heck??? We only had to wait about half an hour for the guy to show up to change our tire, but it ruined part of our other plans for the night. However, I did manage to make it to Michaels (since I needed some ribbons for my tags) & also picked up these really cool stamps (as shown above).

Now tomorrow, I have to drive up to the dealership to have them 'investigate' the tire to see if they will replace it or just fix it. We found a screw in the tire (I have no clue where I picked that up at!), but just from driving on the tire a little bit, it started to ruin the sidewall, so I'm hoping that they will just replace it. Thank goodness I bought the tire protection plan when I bought the car!

Anyway, that about wraps up most of my week. I'm going to have Jim take some before pictures of me before I start working out & get back to working on my weight-loss album that I put off doing. Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!
Benita

15 comments:

Unknown said...

luck!

mborrero said...

Kudos to you on the organizational skills..now send some my way

Kristin Troyer said...

I love the albums!

Sarah Coggins said...

Thanks for sharing which albums you are using! :) I was just looking online at the MM ones yesterday. Like you, I'm considering just ordering them vs going to a store. My time is worth a lot, right? ;) And the gas costs - good gracious! I don't even want to think about how much I would spend there.

Big congrats on joining the gym!! DH & I are trying to get back into a regular habit of going to ours. I truly do feel so much better afterwards. I often reward myself for going - ie, buy a gossip mag to take with me and read while on the treadmill. A lot of time the TVs are on sports for the guys. I find catching up on the Hollywood gossip helps me pass the time quicker. LOL :)

Unknown said...

Awesome, awesome room!!! so organized! Love it!
Dana

Linda said...

Your room is wonderful! I love how you have it organized. I started walking on my treadmill again this week after being a bum for the winter. I do feel a lot better for doing it too. Good luck with your car.

Lida said...

Please invite me over to play! I´ll say yes! LOL Your room loooks so awesome, I love it and good luck at the gym you guys are going to feel awesome after a few weeks cause the first ones are going to be painful!Have a great weekend!

jillconyers said...

You're studio looks fabulous! And the albums you're using would look great in my studio :)

I'm in the process of switching from post to 3-ring also. Can't wait to get that not-so-little task complete! And I'm buying an Expedit book shelf this weekend. Can't wait to do a little rearranging.

Darcey said...

I have the MM embell center also, I like it. I love all of the black and white you organized with. Looks Great! Have a good weekend!

Lida said...

BTW I left you a tag on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Ummm.........WOW!!!
Can I come live in your room - haha!

Norma Kennedy said...

Oh look how pretty everything looks !!!!! Good luck at the Gym, something I need to do :' )

Norma

Jen Martakis said...

This is awesome! Please come and organize my room. Pretty please. :)

Lorrie said...

you amaze me! I love your SKILLZ!
I might be copying your album tag idea sometime REALLY soon. LOVE that idea!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Benita, you seriously need to let me fly you down here to "visit" me -- *evil grin*. Little do you know once you are here, I hold you prisoner until my room looks just like yours, hehe.

Don't worry, we have a gym around the corner...

JUST JOKING (begrudgingly)....