Friday, January 08, 2010

I Did It!

A few months ago, after months & months of debating, I finally did it.....I sorted all my Primas by color & got rid of all those milk bottles! Yes, it was extremely hard to do, but I'm so glad I did it! (You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.)
I love the look of all the different types of glass jars. I purchased a lot of them at thrift stores, but also got some at Hobby Lobby, JoAnns & Michaels either on sale or using coupons.
I just love how much less cluttered my shelves look now, which means less to dust now, too :) I used a damask rubber stamp & black paint on my canvas boxes to dress them up a little as well (one of them is on the very top shelf & a little hard to see).
Over on the other wall are my ribbon & button jars. I picked up those penny jars, as they call them, at Target about 2-3 years ago, but I believe they still carry them.
Up on the very top shelf, I put some antiques, some of which belonged to my Mom. The wooden box has all of her school memorabilia in it & see those baby shoes.....they were my Moms! You may not be able to tell, but one of the shoes has a hole in it.....she said that he mom made her wear them until they literally fell apart! Now I just need to find the perfect baby picture of my Mom to put in the frame.
On the other side is an old milk bottle (also my Moms....we used to have a dairy not too far from our house that we always got our milk from.....boy, do I miss that milk!), an old scrapbook album along with an old camera & a Melissa Francis Bingo Card album. In the wicker basket I store my Making Memories rub-ons.
Another project that I just did this week was to 'alter' my Iris cart drawers so now you can no longer see all the 'stuff' in the drawers. All of the drawers are labeled (with the exception of a few that I need to relabel), so I know what's in them. I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, but just never got the time to do it.
The pattern papers are from The Paper Studio line sold at Hobby Lobby.....I've had them in my stash for a long time, but never wanted to use them, until now. I didn't want to use all the same papers on all the drawers, so I alternated between 2 different patterns. Since my room is mostly done in a black & white/cream damask design, I thought these papers were perfect!
I used my Xyron 900 to adhere the paper in the drawers.....I just ran it through upside down to put the adhesive on the front side of the paper. They're attached inside the drawers so they don't get messed up. I love the way they turned out & now I only wonder why it took me so long to do it!

Now.....what can I alter next? :) Hmmm (looking around my room, lol).

Have a great weekend,
Benita

10 comments:

JennyLilac said...

Wow what a pretty scrap room! Your flowers look so nice!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Everything looks beautiful, Benita. I especially love the little antiques up at the top. :) That was a lot of work, resorting everything, but isn't it worth it? Love it all.

Jennifer

Janet said...

Wow, it looks fabulous! I LOVE having my embellishments sorted by color. Best thing I've ever done! But mine are not displayed so pretty...yours really add to the decor!

Marianna said...

Oh no! not the Prima milk bottles! :oP
I love the new jars though, they look great!
I absolutely love what you did to your cart drawers... love the pattern selection and the uniformity of all of them combined.
TFS!

emily said...

What a beautiful room you have made for yourself! I love the variety of sizes with the glass jars full of primas...so nice.

Unknown said...

Great job on the remodeling! I love the vintage additions and your primas and ribbons really look like "EYE CANDY" now! Thanks for sharing!!

CircesMagic said...

WOW!!! Your space looks great, I love the new jars for your flowers, they are so pretty...so what happened to all the milk bottles? Did you ever get a final count?

Denise said...

Ooh, you brave girl! They do look great in the jars, though!

XXDenise

Aimeslee Winans said...

Benita! How wonderful to hear from you. Thanks for visiting. I'm so sad that you lost your mom, and you are right. I'm kinda just waiting for that to happen myself but will never be able to prepare for it. Love your decorating and enjoyed reading about your goings-on. BIG HUGS, Aimeslee

Linda said...

I love what you have done to your craft space. It looks fantastic! I also like the idea of sorting the Primas by color. I think that is something I need to do so I can use them up. Thanks for the idea.