Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Numb

I was originally planning on just doing a wordless Wednesday blog post, but right now, I just can't be wordless. There are so many words to describe my feelings right now......

sadness, scared, heartbroken, afraid, worried, frightened & just plain numb.

I'm scared for America! I'm scared for other countries! I'm scared for my children, my grandchildren & my great-grandchildren! I'm just plain scared! Yes, I know we needed a change, but is this really the change we needed?

As I sat there watching the results tonight, I couldn't hold back the tears, especially when John McCain conceded & Sarah Palin stood beside him, also in tears. He showed true class & integrity with his speech. And it's because of his speech that I will do my best to support our new president, even if I admittedly didn't vote for him.

I'm not doing very good as far as elections go.....the past 4 elections, the people I've voted for have all lost. But at least I voted! And it seems most of America has voted this year as well, which I think is truly wonderful. They let their voices be heard & now I just hope they aren't wrong. I pray they aren't wrong!

And now, just a little humor to end this post:

When I saw this shirt, I just knew I had to get it, even if I won't get to wear it again. If you can't read it, it says "I'm Voting For Sarah Palin and that White-haired Dude." :)

And please, if you cannot read this post & respect my blog enough to not leave any nasty comments on it, then please don't comment at all. Lord knows we've had enough negativity over the past 18+ months of the election to last a lifetime!

Thank-you & GOD BLESS AMERICA!

15 comments:

Brooke S. Rochon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

I think alot of people share your feelings. I know I'm VERY scared of our future. The best thing I can do is just pray because God is the only one who can calm my fears and open my heart to "change". God bless you!

jillconyers said...

I have so many mixed feelings about this election and the results.

As hard has it was, not voting was NOT an option for me.

Heather Bares said...

I was not a Obama supporter either, but I will support him as our new president.

Linda said...

I understand where you are coming from. All I can hope for is that the politicians can come together in January and start to fix our problems.

Lorrie said...

Benita, sweetie, you know I can commiserate with you girl. My heart is a wreck this morning too, but check my blog again today, i just posted something I came across that I think might help a little bit. It's helped me faced the facts today a bit better.
{{hugs}} my friend!!

Bonita Rose said...

Hugs dear friend, I know we don't feel the same regarding the ppl's choice for President, but we can all pray for positive change in our futures! Let's all build one another up!

Unknown said...

Sorry you are feeling this way. I voted for Obama and couldn't be more happy right now. Just give him a chance and maybe your feelings will change. Hugs

SenomesDesigns said...

I am just as scared as you are Benita! I feel those who voted for Obama really don't know WHAT change he's talking about - since he couldn't share it with us during the pre election time.

Praying for you and Jim (and his job!)

Julie

Brooke S. Rochon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
muirwoodsue said...

We all just need to pray for our leaders and for our country - no matter who you voted for. May God Bless America!

Staci Compher said...

Oh Benita..sorry you're scared, this is the first time the person I voted for has won...the last couple times, so I was pretty happy to say the least...but I hope you will give Obama a chance..love ya..

P.s. did I see your name as a winner at scrappy chics oct challenge...if so congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Love your shirt Benita-God Bless America! May we survive and prosper!

Michelle Whitlow said...

I agree whole-heartedly!! Well said :) I think all we can do now is pray (a lot!!) and try to make our voices heard when something is happening in our country that is wrong. That's about all we can do.

toners said...

Well said, Benita :)