Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring??? HA!!!

Just 2 days ago, we had a visitor in our yard, although he was also 2 days late for his Easter debut :) I was sitting at my computer desk looking out my window at all of the birds & saw him run across my yard. I figured by the time I grabbed my camera & tried to find him, he would be gone, but he wasn't. And he just stood there, almost as if he was looking at me out of the corner of his eye as I took his picture through the window. But look at what else you see in that picture......grass! GREEN GRASS! That's actually our neighbor's yard behind us on the other side of the fence, but most of the snow was gone from our yard.......until.......
TODAY!!! It started snowing around 2:00 this afternoon & hasn't stopped yet! Spring??? You call this Spring? What the heck! If you click on the above picture, you'll see my poor froggies covered in snow & you can see blades of grass coming through. See.....it wanted to be Spring, but Mother Nature had other intentions. I took the above picture about an hour after the snow started. And this is what it looked like around 8:00 p.m.:

It's a pretty snow.....that is, if snow can be pretty after the very long Winter we've had! So far this season, we've had 85 inches of snow! 85!!! Jim wants to hit the century mark! I think he's nuts! LOL But by the looks of things, we'll end up with at least 90" for the season before all is said & done tonight as they're calling for 3-5" for Oakland County & we already have at least 3" on the ground now! And it's still coming down! Yep.....this is Spring in Michigan!


Today's challenge on 2 Peas posted by Maureen fit perfectly.....or not, lol. "Do you take special spring photos and scrap them every year?" Well.....if we ever have a Spring this year, I do plan on taking lots of pictures to scrap as I do every year for every season. I can't wait to see what flowers are planted here as this will be our first Spring at this house. Plus I transplanted one of our Lilac bushes & a rose bush, so I'm hoping they survived & will bloom this year.

Today, I have tons of laundry to do as our daughter is leaving on Saturday to go to Traverse City to visit her friend for a week. Then on Sunday, Jim bowls in another tournament with a friend of his.

Speaking of bowling, our team is in second place & next week is position round. The first 5-6 spots are only 1 point away from each other, so anything can happen. If we win this half, then we'll have to bowl the team that won the first half the following week. I bowled pretty good this past week, shooting a 576 series & Jim bowled even better (except for the second game, lol). His games were 246, 143 & 269 for a 658 series. He also won $70 for his 269 game & should have won more for series, but another guy beat him by 1 pin.....1! He has no clue what happened in his second game.....I kept telling him to switch balls & he finally listened to me for the third game. MEN! And he says I'm the stubborn one! LOL

I'm off to bed as I have a long weekend ahead of me. Hope you have a wonderful & warm weekend :)

Benita

7 comments:

jillconyers said...

I'm so ready for spring!! Love the photo :)

Lynn said...

Ohhh my goodness! I can't believe you guys are still getting snow. I think I would go nuts by now, and Jim is nuts for wanting to hit the century mark!
Good luck with the bowling tournament. It is a hard thing when everyone is so close in points.

toners said...

LOL! We had some snow this week too...but those peeks of grass are so nice to see!!

Lorrie said...

hey girl! 85 inches total? WOWSERS! I think we've had about 2 inches, if we were lucky. I've said it before, i'm so jealous, however, I can see where you'd be DONE WITH IT.
Hey, I have an idea --- move back here to VA. I'd love for you to hang out with me and my peeps! You'd love them, and I know they'd all love you too. AND, there's no snow, which I'm sure you remember all to well!!
Nice pictures, and I love the Easter Bunny picture!

Kim said...

That is a lot of snow. I guess your grass will be green this Spring!!

Linda said...

Great photos! I hope spring comes for you soon. And good luck with the bowling tournament!

Gabrielle said...

I guess I need to move near you...I want snow! I'm sure I would get tired of it after awhile but I LOVE IT! :)